• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Nelitz 1/3 scale Cub build

TonyHallo

150cc
The 2" wide tape would be used on the wing leading edge for 1/3 scale. Here are a few files from the Super Cub, 2" tape is used on full scale so 3/4" tape would be the approximate correct 1/3 size. I don't think you can go wrong using 3/4" for most of the plane.
I paint on PolyBrush before cutting with the pinked shears, it keeps the pinks together, just a lite brush coat is all that is required.

Attachments

• Rudder covered.pdf
    114.3 KB · Views: 15
  • Stablizer Covered.pdf
    90.5 KB · Views: 13

TonyHallo

150cc
I thought you had already bought tape some time ago? This was about the time you mentioned the 3mm pinking shears on Amazon. I bought a spar pair already, I think my first has another plane in them before they are worn out.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I only see 2” tape in the order. I found a Nelitz Cub list on RCU and ordered what was listed. Including the shears, so maybe that builder cut his own 3/4 tape……….

TonyHallo

150cc
I use a roll of 3/4" per wing, might take three rolls to complete the airframe Two inch tape on the leading edge and around the bow to the aileron. I use the 1" tape on the rudder and stab leading and trailing edges.

TonyHallo

150cc
I cut a few pieces of bias tape for the rudder leading transition to the fuselage. It took a couple of tries before ) got a successful piece. As you have learned cutting a straight line is a PITA.