• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale RCM 1/3 Scale Champ Build

TonyHallo

150cc
Turned the wings and ailerons gray with EkoSpray. I went over the wings at least twice with an iron but the EkoSpray really highlights all the loose tape and spots that need ironed. Thankfully the the EkoSpray can be heat smoothed.
IMG_3224.jpg
IMG_3225.jpg

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Cooling off here in the Burg, low 60 high with lows in the 40's next few days coupled with rain, might delay paint work.

I flew Saturday (1 flight), everybody is at Nall I guess as only one other member was at the field. Once he left I didn’t fly. But the early afternoon temp was only 68 or so. Wife like to golf so we golfed today in the low 70’s. Very cool recently.

TonyHallo

150cc
In another month you will be longing for one of those 70 degree days while sitting at the pool drinking an IPA(Indian Pee and Alcohol) !

TonyHallo

150cc
Well after 5 hours of sanding and 3 hours spraying, the wings are 7AC yellow. Finally getting the hang of this paint. I will let the wings cure for a day or two before masking for the N numbers. Might shoot the Cherokee plug tomorrow with white acrylic enamel paint. Then more on to painting the Super Cub.

IMG_3242.jpg
IMG_3244.jpg
IMG_3248.jpg