Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2-stroke oil,what works,what doesn't

Discussion in 'Gas Engines' started by edgewise, Aug 14, 2014.

1. I have been using Bell-Ray H1-R mixed at 45-1,recently a friend of mine had engine problems, he scored a cylinder using the same oil. Just wondering what everyone else is using and the results. I am thinking about changing to red line. Thanks in advance.

2. Astrohog

Astrohog 70cc twin V2

I'm pretty sure he didn't score a cylinder because of the oil he was using. Either oil will be fine.

Astro

3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Oooh, an oil thread, my favorite! RedLine for me.

4. Bartman

Bartman Defender of the Noob!

+1

Was the fuel/air mixture too lean making it run very hot? Were you having issues with dead sticks at the time?

5. Terryscustom

Terryscustom 640cc Uber Pimp

I'm curious before I answer, was that Pete's 120 at the huck?

6. What mixture are you using

7. Bdegan

Bdegan 50cc

Ohhhhh noooooo !!!!!

Another oil thread ROTFL !!!!!!

Agreed, pretty sure it wasn't the H1R.

Simply put. Any quality 2 stroke oil will work just fine. Drink whatever flavored Kool Aid you like.

Use whatever is easily available in your area. No reason to stress over it :rolleyes:

8. Yes it was

9. kwilson

kwilson 30cc

Bertolli EVO at 100:1

Keeps it very clean....and healthy!:eek:

10. Astrohog

Astrohog 70cc twin V2

OK [MENTION=110]Terryscustom[/MENTION], you must know something that has not been revealed yet. Care to share?

Astro