• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

2015 Tucson Aerobatic Shootout DATES ANNOUNCED!

SleepyC

150cc
From Tony Russo:

"The 2015 Tucson Aerobatic Shootout is on! Dates are Oct 14th thru the 18th. This year we will also be doing an invitational freestyle contest with one round on Friday and two each on Saturday and Sunday. Because of this change the number of pilots we can invite in all classes will be reduced from previous years. If you are interested in competing in either the IMAC or freestyle portion please contact me via email at tony@desertaircraft.com. It will help a lot if you have serious intentions of competing to let me know so we can work on schedules for the week."

GET SUM!

I have heard of this event in the past, and never really looked into it. Can someone point me towards a little more information on the event or maybe shed some light on what its all about? I know its put on by DA, and has been around for awhile, is it an IMAC type of event? Sorry for the basic questions, I will also do some googling and read up on past events. I'm less than a half a days drive from Tucson and am interested to learn more....thanks...

SleepyC

150cc
I have heard of this event in the past, and never really looked into it. Can someone point me towards a little more information on the event or maybe shed some light on what its all about? I know its put on by DA, and has been around for awhile, is it an IMAC type of event? Sorry for the basic questions, I will also do some googling and read up on past events. I'm less than a half a days drive from Tucson and am interested to learn more....thanks...

The Tucson shootout is a world class IMAC and Freestyle event that has a prize purse of around $50K. It draws some of the best pilots from around the world and pits them against each other in IMAC competition from Sportsman - Unlimited. And then there is the Freestyle as well. All of this takes plane at TIMPA in the middle of the cactus strewn desert. It's beautiful and amazing and just ... well TAS.

You will witness some of the best precision RC Giant Scale aviation you have every seen.

It's simply a world class event.

Oh and the Aussies come... and they yell a lot and are awesome as well. :D

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The Tucson shootout is a world class IMAC and Freestyle event that has a prize purse of around $50K. It draws some of the best pilots from around the world and pits them against each other in IMAC competition from Sportsman - Unlimited. And then there is the Freestyle as well. All of this takes plane at TIMPA in the middle of the cactus strewn desert. It's beautiful and amazing and just ... well TAS.

You will witness some of the best precision RC Giant Scale aviation you have every seen.

It's simply a world class event.

Oh and the Aussies come... and they yell a lot and are awesome as well. :D
Nice of Dave and DA to commit to this again!
I believe IMAC also has the Invitational class above Unlimited.
The Free Style this year is also Invitational.