• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

30cc / 76" Extra 330

30cc / 76" Extra 330 BUILD THREAD

Talk about good timing. I received an email from Redwing and they advised me they should be shipping my plane next week. Yep, that's good service. Then I get a call from DESERT AIRCRAFT (from Jeff), since I'm on the waiting list for a DA35...... he wants to know if I'm still interested in buying, Heck yes, I say. :banana: So that will ship tomorrow. Got the plane and the motor. DA with this plane should be a great COMBO :sunny:

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Talk about good timing. I received an email from Redwing and they advised me they should be shipping my plane next week. Yep, that's good service. Then I get a call from DESERT AIRCRAFT (from Jeff), since I'm on the waiting list for a DA35...... he want to know if I'm still interested in buying, Heck yes, I say. :banana: So that will ship tomorrow. Got the plane in the motor. DA with this plane should be a great COMBO :sunny:

Wow that's awesome man! Congrats

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Too rich for me but DA is pretty much always a great product. Good luck with what I hope is an amazing motor :)

The box is now open

Extra in Box.jpgFuse with canopy.jpgFuse without canopy.jpgStabs and rudder.jpgWing bottom.jpgWing top.jpg

FRIDAY 30 MAY 2014
I had some time today so, CA'd the inside of the fuse, wings and elevator alignment pins, sealed everything with a mixture of epoxy thinned with denatured alcohol. I ran a bead of canopy glue on the inside of the canopy. I hinged the ailerons and elevators. Also, glued the hinges into the rudder and ran a bead of epoxy around the inside of the cowl ring. As for the flush servo mounts in the wings, I mixed Milled Fiberglass with epoxy and laid a nice bead of it around the wood servo mount, just for my piece of mind. Also, I installed the axles on the carbon gear, installed the wheels, glued the blind nut onto the wheel pants and installed the wheel pants.

Oh, I finally read the instructions for my DA35. THe motor doesn't come with a mounting template. I'm going to have to make one and this will be my first attempt in making a template. Guys, anything special I need to be aware of when making a template??????

I hoping tomorrow I'll have time to bolt the landing gear to the fuse, install the tiller for the rudder and to glue the rudder to the fuse. Then install my servos (Hitec 7955s all around, with SWB servo arms) and Fortitude tank. If I can get this done tomorrow, all I will have left to do is install the motor, throttle servo and cut the cowl.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Same one [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2]SnowDog[/MENTION] are building here at the field!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401561100.982891.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1401561114.861924.jpg

Yep, that's it. Theirs is electric and I have gas in mine

Where I live you could never build outdoors. Wait 5 minutes and watch it go from calm wind to plus 20 knots, just like someone flipped a switch.