• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3d hobby shop planes epp question

Aaeolien

70cc twin V2
I have TH planes and the EPP edge. I love them both. The TH planes you will be able to beat to death and you still won't find a way to actually kill one.

The edge. Pretty sure you can break that one beyond repair. I haven't yet but pretty sure it could be done in short order. It does have a balsa and carbon fiber substructure in it. The EPP edge can be build with slightly cheaper parts. I am using the solar a107 servos in it from I think hobbypartz.com I ordered from. They were $6 or $7 each. Have had no issues but your mileage may vary of course. I went with the recommended 72g omega motor and you could probably get by with a cheaper 40a esc.

If you are looking for something to truly learn some 3d on then I highly recommend a Twisted plane. I have the Pitts and the slick. I tell folks pick the one you like the looks of and buy that one if going the twisted route. They all fly awesome.

I went twisted first and then stepped up to the EPP edge and am getting ready to move into a balsa plane in the spring. Haven't decided on which one yet but heading that way. Learned the basics on the twisted and then expanded the flight envelope with the edge as it will just do things the twisted profile planes won't do.

Good luck with whatever you decide on and fly low.

wedoitall

ordering tonite before storms hit. prolly going with the edge. forgot that brad at TH recommended that one to me, said was just alil more docile than rest. plus 32" would prolly better suite me with time changing, something i can throw up in the back yard after work. thanks for all the replys

wedoitall

order placed *fist pumps pretty excited. tell you one thing so far Brad at Twisted Hobbys has outstanding Customer Service. he was responding to my email at 11pm tonite WOW! was also looking at getting the leds for it also, have been night flying the past 2 weeks with my trojan and love doing that also. got any recommendations?

njswede

150cc
You're going to love it! When you get the kit you're going to wonder how the heck a few sheets of foam can make a nice flying plane. Well, prepare to be amazed!

gyro

GSN Contributor
order placed *fist pumps pretty excited. tell you one thing so far Brad at Twisted Hobbys has outstanding Customer Service. he was responding to my email at 11pm tonite WOW! was also looking at getting the leds for it also, have been night flying the past 2 weeks with my trojan and love doing that also. got any recommendations?

I'd say its time for you to move to the TH forum, and engage the experts there! here is the link: http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?51-Twisted-Hobbys

djmoose

70cc twin V2
The 3DHS EPP edge is more of a performance plane and probably not "great" for beginners. The EPP Yak is bigger and is a little less violent. I'd go with that.

I've also heard GREAT stuff about the TH planes...I heard the pitts is absolutely AMAZING.

hone

150cc
I like these, but they're kinda pricey. The good thing is they are very light weight and have two white and two blue LEDs making it easy to keep orientation at night. I love flying my TH plane at night with their light kit.