• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 46'' AJ yak 55

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I am in the process of assembling mine, It should be built and ready to fly within the next month or so all depending on the time I have to build it. I have always wanted a yak 55 and can not wait to fly it. I have had it since last November but have been busy with other planes and have not got around to building this one until recently.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vintauri

50cc
I just got mine back together after burning up an ESC. I'm loving it again and hope to get more flying on it this weekend.

B

Blucor Basher

This is currently my personal favorite small airplane. It has slightly edged out the Vyper, although I go back and forth depending on which one I have with me on that day. I fly mine on the Omega103g w/ 13x6.5 prop and a 3S 2200mah.

Vintauri

50cc
I just got a Xoar 13x6.5 to put on mine. Looking forward to having more power on the plane this weekend. This plane might edge out my 42" Slick as favorite small plane.

G.P.

70cc twin V2
This is currently my personal favorite small airplane.
Same here. It blows away my other 3s 2100 airframes, and I'm really impressed with just how well it does everything. It is a really well rounded do-it-all airframe that doesn't give up much to my 57"-59" airframes.

:cool:

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
Well I have about ten flights on it now and can honestly say it is the best in its size range. 3DHS needs to make a 60'' version. Also I think 3dhs needs to advertise this plane more and get the word out there just how well this bird flies whether it is high energy 3d or precision flying the little yak does it all, and then some.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Well I have about ten flights on it now and can honestly say it is the best in its size range. 3DHS needs to make a 60'' version. Also I think 3dhs needs to advertise this plane more and get the word out there just how well this bird flies whether it is high energy 3d or precision flying the little yak does it all, and then some.

After seeing one fly this past weekend, I agree... it was impressive. I'm getting one tomorrow actually...can't believe I've gone so long without one. I'll post a mini-review of it when I'm done building and taking pictures.
BTW, here are some pics from Sunday:

DSCF0800.jpgDSCF0799.jpgDSCF0798.jpgDSCF0797.jpg
DSCF0796.jpgDSCF0794.jpgDSCF0792.jpgDSCF0791.jpg

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
looking good Gyro. I wish the weather would break so I could get some more flight time with it. I threw out the nylon bolts that are used to put the sfg in and put in some spare metal ones instead. the nylon was getting stuck and would not come out without pulling it out. I found the yak does excellent rolling harrier, along with RH loops and circles. it also KE spins like a mad man. I was also able to do that one move Joe smith always does where the airplane is in a stationary inverted flat spin not gaining or loosing altitude. I am not sure what he calls that move, but it is easy with this plane.