• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

3DHS 47" Osiris

gyro

GSN Contributor
Just got one of these today, what a REMARKABLE airplane. I think you truly can't appreciate the beauty of this plane unless it's in person. I'll try to get some pics posted soon.

wedoitall

cant thank you e'nuff, but once again, thanks man!!!!!! this will be my first "real" plane. she is some beautiful wood, especially for my first balsa. pretty excited!!!!!

think this is actually the smarter choice also. for my experience and my goals, especially after talking to you and reading scott stoops book, get advanced aerobatics down before i go into hardcore 3d.

my wife was laughing at me, called her as soon as i found out i was gonna get it from you and was all giddy and excited. ...... i talk alot of planes with her, I know shes not really ALL that interested, but she acts like she is. pretty good gal.

seriously thanks man.

njswede

150cc
You know, my first reaction was "Why is he buying THAT plane?", but when I read your post, it makes perfect sense. In fact, you're smarter than all of us. I know I started playing 3D way too early and should have spent more time getting the basics down and everything straight and level.

So happy for you man! I know someone who has the bigger version (62") of it and loves it. It looks like it's on rails!

njswede

150cc
my wife was laughing at me, called her as soon as i found out i was gonna get it from you and was all giddy and excited. ...... i talk alot of planes with her, I know shes not really ALL that interested, but she acts like she is. pretty good gal.

And no, wives will never understand. Never.

gyro

GSN Contributor
47" Osiris with Omega 130g motor, Hacker x55 ESC, & HS-65mgs. Excellent Condition!

You know, my first reaction was "Why is he buying THAT plane?", but when I read your post, it makes perfect sense. In fact, you're smarter than all of us. I know I started playing 3D way too early and should have spent more time getting the basics down and everything straight and level.

So happy for you man! I know someone who has the bigger version (62") of it and loves it. It looks like it's on rails!

That's exactly right Pontus, he's doing it the SMART way. When you read Ben's article (http://www.3drcforums.com/content.php?119-Learning-something-new!&styleid=13), and think about how many times we have gone to the field and just screwed around, you've gotta figure we have a mountain of "un-learning" to do, whereas he's starting out just right. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

wedoitall

just read Bens article, nice. I had already planned on doing things in a systematic approach. after reading the article, some things mentioned ive already been doing but there were a few more tips i can add to my plan.
i wanna take baby steps, just maybe like very overgrown baby take'n very fast steps. want to learn as quick and as possible but with precision being the main focus, without make'n the mistakes, like mentioned in the article. stick to the plan everytime i go to the field, all the while studying the maneuver when not at the field. Have FUN!
Gonna be exciting to see how it all works out!

Thanks once again, G-man!

gyro

GSN Contributor
no problem! Going to move this discussion to the Osiris thread now, so we can continue as needed.

wedoitall

thanks man, im pretty happy for me too!!! hehe

And no, wives will never understand. Never.

No, they wont. but she acts like she does.... i showed her the picture of "THE PLANE" she said shes so glad it not a foamie. actually after i learned to fly, she has buddy box with me on the super cub. she likes to fly. she plans on 4 channel'n on the T-28 after winter is over.

wedoitall

have a noob question. what receiver would you recommend i run in this? i have a ar600 sitting around. would like to go telemetry on this one tho.

gyro

GSN Contributor
have a noob question. what receiver would you recommend i run in this? i have a ar600 sitting around. would like to go telemetry on this one tho.

The AR600 will work great, telemetry should work with that one as well, you can plug it into the bind/batt port I believe.

-G