• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3W lovers

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Earlier this year I bought a 3W engine that was listed as near new but was was in very poor condition. After arguing with the seller I filed a dispute with PayPal, ate the shipping and sent the engine back. It is relisted again elsewhere and I want to prevent my friends here from wasting their time. I can continue the discussion here, pictures of the engine or continue to discuss the seller, like the appeal he filed with PayPal or I can answer anyone's pm.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Earlier this year I bought a 3W engine that was listed as near new but was was in very poor condition. After arguing with the seller I filed a dispute with PayPal, ate the shipping and sent the engine back. It is relisted again elsewhere and I want to prevent my friends here from wasting their time. I can continue the discussion here, pictures of the engine or continue to discuss the seller, like the appeal he filed with PayPal or I can answer anyone's pm.
Really sorry to hear about your disappointing purchase. But in the long run, you're probably better off without the headache. Being a devout "dub" dude, I will sincerely offer the 3w engines really are pretty darned top notch and very difficult to compete with. On the other hand, mistreated, neglected, abused or just plain disrespected they can become just as much junk as any other engine. Not too long ago, (prior to purchasing my 106cs brand new from my friend) I was sent a "used" but "VERY GOOD" condition 106cs. Huh...or should I say that was the claim. Upon receiving it, I did exactly as anyone would do with a used engine. Go through it with a fine toothed comb. OH MY GOSH!!! Paint was chipping off all the painted surfaces...really mishandled and mistreated. Broken air horn on top of a very outdated reed block and cage. Inside the engine it was as black as the still of night with no moon. Very disrespected and abused. There was more carbon inside that engine than all of my carbon fiber props put together. The crankshaft rattled something fierce. This is very "VERY" rare for a dub crank. I would expect it from a cheap Chinese engine. Not a 3w. The overall condition of the motor was dirty and just plain disgusting. Not to mention it had a very way outdated...(like 15 year old) CH 4.8 volt ignition system. Yeah, I was quite upset. I sent it back and have never regretted it. Especially since I was able to acquire the brand new never seen fuel 106 red head. I've seen that it is now relisted again for the third or fourth time. I think in this hobby there has to be a certain degree of integrity. If you would be ashamed of an item, why would you shove it off on someone else? So to quote @dhal22, I would like to advise my friends and family to stay away from this engine and the seller. Just my first hand experience.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Then we have both bought the same engine. Here it is again.
So you're the one that sent it back before he sent it to me? He told me that the previous person complained because it was not "nearly new" as described. Did you really do that? Shame on you. LMAO. If it is in fact the same 106, it will need a bunch of work just to get it to 3w standards.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
It's amazing what some people want to pass off as "Nearly new"

It makes no difference how good of quality something started life as since there are people out there that can ruin an anvil with a tack hammer. There's a guy in our club that this year (so far) has ruined two DLE 120's and two DLE 35's in just a few flights each. I am no DLE fan, but they are way better than that. I feel sorry for any engine he buys.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
The thread is still ongoing elsewhere, even the seller was there to spread lies.
pondering-and-thinking-smiley-emoticon.gif Hmmm!!!