• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

4 the other 2 wheel afficianados...

tl3

50cc
As Hubb mentioned, many here are into more than one hobby..so a thread for those into the human powered side of two wheel travel.

A long retired former road racer, I have never strayed too far from the cycling world; recently rediscovered the love of the bike, if for nothing more than an excellent way to stay in shape...cause the only real reason to run is if someone big, bad and ugly is chasing you. Post your rides, I know there are at least a few of ya out there:

road: 2011 Jamis Xenith SL w/ Dura Ace 7900, Easton Tempest wheels.

mtb: 2014 Jamis Race 650b, SRAM group, Mavic Crossmaxx wheels.

try to get some pics later...if this goes anywhere and there is interest...

t

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
My old skool ride!! Vintage Cannondale, baby! 1988 (1989?) SM900 "red shred"

Doesn't get ridden much anymore, but as I age and am getting a bit out of shape, it has been calling my name recently!!

2236=1163-SM900%20001_preview.jpg
2236=1163-SM900%20001_preview.jpg

Astrohog

70cc twin V2
Used to race a bit (not too seriously!), but was fortunate to be able to chase Jim "Sully" Sullivan during grueling training sessions here in the NW!

Astro

SleepyC

150cc
Oh yea! Last year i was 250 miles a week minimum.. this year with the baby... well I've been out a few times. I'm actually depressed about the lack of miles.

I have several sleds...

Road: Cannondale SuperSix with SRAM RED all around, nice Mavics 15.4 lbs...

CX: Van Dessel Gin and Trombones, Sram Force,Mavics 17.5 lbs.

MTB: Titus Racer X full suspension 26" AUW 20.2 lbs... so fast!

FAT: Charge Cooker 4" tires, rolls over ANYTHING

Town: Vista 1976 Steelframe (Japan) 10 speed.. with fenders...

This is the first year in 5 years I didn't race or train hard. It was REALLY depressing. Even now that CX season is just around the corner watching all my friends post training pics and Strava stuff is killing me. This year is a wash.. so I'm starting back in the gym this week actually and intend to race again next year.

I love my little daughter but a baby can kill your fitness!

tl3

50cc
Sweeeet...

You're definitely dating yourself Astro with a full rigid, don't see too many of those anymore! Nice collection there Sleep! The Vista mention takes me way back...first real road bike was a 61cm Vista hand-me-down...kinda odd fit given I was 5' 9" but it was rocket compared to the 73 1/2 lb dept store bike I'd been riding.

SleepyC

150cc
tl3;2303 wrote: first real road bike was a 61cm Vista hand-me-down...kinda odd fit given I was 5' 9" but it was rocket compared to the 73 1/2 lb dept store bike I'd been riding.

HAHAHA... that's my fat bike.. It's REALLy fun in the snow and even in the woods but i took it on an urban adventure the other day. 55 miles all around Cleveland. Down staircases over bums, and it was great until about mile 45 when I realized the thing weighed 37 lbs and I was out of shape... those last 10 miles almost killed me.