• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

5-6 lb 60 Yak55 From General Hobby

LeeLee

50cc
I am looking for the right setup for this airframe as they do not give any detail on the setup. I am leaning toward the Extreme Flight package for their 60" a irframes but I really like the hacker as that is all I have ever used on smaller electrics. Any input would be appreciated, Thanks.

nebwake

70cc twin V2
I really like a 4cell set up on that size. That way I can run doubled up packs in 25% ers. I like the motrolfly 4315/714 with a 100a ztw or castle esc. Servos are tricky. I run hitec 5245 but have had some issues. Generally they are good though. Savox just did come out with a good mini servo though. Whatever you do, dont run hitec 225's they just are not enough for this size of plane.

There is also a program out there that will calculate E-Power. It is called "e Calc". It took me a little bit of time to figure out how to d/l it, but once I found the 1 month subscription, I was in! I needed that to help figure up the power system for my Laser. http://www.ecalc.ch/calcmember/signup.htm Then find the column "Prop Calc". Best $1.99 I spent! To buy the program that you can actually keep forever is like $40.

It has just about any and every motor, battery config you can possibly imagine! It is fully programmable.

Hey Bunky,

Have you ever tried any of the Exceed RC motors. We have had one of their MonsterPower motors in one of our RedAero 30cc planes for years. It has been good. I don't mind running a cheap motor, but I usually put a Castle esc behind it. We just ordered one of the Exceed Rocket motors. They have them on sale at Hobbypartz. I like that it has a bolt-on prop adapter, like the Torque motors. Specs were very close to the Torque also. I'm going to put it with a Castle Talon 90 esc. There were about five reviews where guys had put this motor on the 60" EF planes, and said it was great, and the motor doesn't get hot. Check it out.

LeeLee

50cc
I have not seen them until now. I would try them but I have always used Hacker just not on this large of airframe. The largest I have run was the EF Extra 300. So this is a learning curve for me. Thanks for all the info so far.

ryan_m

100cc
6s3300 batteries, Motrolfly 4315-480 motor from subsonicplanes.com, and a ZTW Gecko 85 amp esc.

Solid setup that will make 1700 watts. Plenty of power for a 6lb plane, and it will take all the abuse you can dish out.