• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50% scratch build Sorceress

I've been working on these plans, studying techniques, and getting the shop ready to do a scratch build. Over the years I've been inspired by some of the great scratch builders in the hobby and want to put my "lack of skills" to the test. This is going to be a best effort and i'm sure long build. (est 2years) Currently getting last min details to see where this build will go. If I can get the info i'm looking for from the museum (in talks now) then i'll build it in aluminium and take what i've learned from KrazyKarl and put it to the test. It may turn out that the build goes the route of balsa and monokote with painted rivits and panel lines. Either way it will be 50% scale and hopefully fly straight and true :)

I found a set of plans for a .46 size plane and have blown those up to the scale I need and plan on using those dimensions at templates for parts, the CG location is noted on there so I have an idea to start at, but there is a long way to go for that. Wish me luck guys.. this will be fun!!

629=145-IMG_0249[1].jpg
629=145-IMG_0249[1].jpg
629=144-IMG_0285[1].jpg
629=144-IMG_0285[1].jpg
629=143-IMG_0341[1].jpg
629=143-IMG_0341[1].jpg

Wacobipe

100cc
Way cool project...I am getting ready to start on a Gee Bee Model Y Senior Sportster...just deciding on 1/4 or 1/3 scale than I'll be starting that thread as well.

Tseres

150cc
Awesom. This is going to be a fun build to follow. That's a great looking plane to model.

PS:The old edge looks geat in the corner.

BalsaDust

Holy smokes did you print that up in a tiled format? Thats alot of trimming and taping to get them all together. Should be a cool project to follow along with though. Also it looks as though it has a Laminar airfoil for the wings. It's a great performing airfoil on my Lamyak.

883=215-image.jpg
883=215-image.jpg