• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D 52% Edge 540 vs slick 540

Flyrcjoe

70cc twin V2
52% edge 540 vs 540 slick.

Last year, if you did not see the build thread on it, I built a custom 52% edge 540 and named her Sally. She was amazing, weighing at 68 lbs wet with a 3w 275. Unfortunately, while doing a low pass I had a dead stick and was unable to land her safely. After a few weeks of morning I started designing a new one. In the middle of building the fuselage I started contemplating changing her to a slick 540. So I built a fuselage for each style. They will both get completed, eventually. I have sense set a goal for myself to go to Joe nall this year. Part of this goal is completing one of these 540 builds as well as my 50% cap build. I also have a major repair to do on my 45% extra 260 aka Eleanor. She was in a midair with a quad copter, resulting in Eleanor losing half a wing. I was able to land her safely though! I am also helping a few friends with their builds in my shop. I do not use cadd and I hand cut everything causing these build to usually take 6 months to a year. So I know this is a big goal but I always aim high in life.
. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg