• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC 54% G200

M

Matt

Okay so I decided I needed a new iMac airplane and wanted something different... As I was growing up my father worked for a company in spring field Ohio called aero-composites and they built pattern airplanes. A man named Wayne Ullery came along and they came up with a huge assortment of TOC aircraft.. Many many people flee their airplanes.. Well long story short we came into a lot of the drawings for these airplanes and are building a 54% Giles G200. On today's equipment it should fly great... I just had a baby so it will be a slow thread by as of now we have the fuse done.. I'll begin posting pictures...

M

Matt

image.jpeg

M

Matt

As for the wings and horizontals... Wayne came up with an incredible method that uses lightened, foam ribs then spruce spars and sheeted... This airplane was actually designed in 97 and weighed 34lbs... This was in the days before our modern engine and it was flown with a 17 cubic inch custom built engine with carbon pipes... This one will be with a 200 on custom headers and tuned pipes..

A friend of mine in Xenia, Jeff Holsinger has the airplane that Ulery built for Dean Koger to compete with in the TOC. Still has the red head 3W 120 in it! That 3W still has monster compression.

Airplane looks great!