• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

57 SC Discussion

I just completed the build of one of these. Have not maidened it yet. But i'm using a fairly familiar setup:

Motor: 4315 714k Motrofly
Servos: HS 5245 Digital
Batts: 4s 4000 25c Gens
ESC: Ice Lite 100
RX: AR8000 with TM1000 telemetry wired to monitor batt. packs.

Watt tested to 1275watts with APC 15x10e prop.

Cannot wait to maiden it.

Turnerm

50cc
Loving my 57" Extra. Unfortunately I'm waiting on a new motor box because I had the bright idea of trying a full throttle blender that dislodged my battery. But I'll have her back in the air very shortly as my supplies are on their way!

quadracer

100cc
I recently repaired the MB in mine, and Sunday was the first time I'd really wrung it out. Everything held up well, so I'm happy with it. I did a few full-throttle blender-to-KE spins, and a few tumbles that got about 5 rotations! diggity2424 can attest to the wicked tumbles this plane is capable of.

harddrive8

New to GSN!
Loving my 57" Extra. Unfortunately I'm waiting on a new motor box because I had the bright idea of trying a full throttle blender that dislodged my battery. But I'll have her back in the air very shortly as my supplies are on their way!

Hey Michael,

How does the 57" Extra feel as compared to the Slicks?

Turnerm

50cc
Hey Michael,

How does the 57" Extra feel as compared to the Slicks?

That's a tough comparison for me since the largest Slick I have is the 51". In other words, part of what I love about my 57" Extra is the size and stability.

But if I had to compare I'd say that the Slicks are easier to hover, the Extra is easier to harrier and they both tumble like mad. Rollers are about equal and the Extra probably excels more at precision/pattern stuff. All in all, they are both tremendously fun planes and I think they both belong in everyone's hangar as a complimenting pair.

Turnerm

50cc
Some flying from this morning. Nothing great but I'm starting to get really comfortable with this plane. I'd say that this and my 51" Slick are my two favorites right now.[video=youtube;ixzVK6s5tRg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixzVK6s5tRg&feature=youtu.be[/video]