• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

58" Extra 300

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Anyone have one of these in the past or currently? A local guy is selling one with all the good stuff. Was thinking about picking it up to fly across from my house over the cornfield. I have the 48" Edge to do that too just looking for something a little bigger and more IMAC type practice flying. It's nice to walk across the street here in winter for 30 minutes and 5 flights rather than drive the 30 mile round trip to the field. Plus if the price is right I could get a 60" EXP later down the road.

Any comments? They look awesome like all EF planes, just curious.

danielph

50cc
I had one and loved it! Yes, the new 60" Extra is even more capable, stable, and precise, but the 58 was excellent and way ahead of its time. It didn't have the EXP style control surfaces, but still had plenty of control authority for every maneuver in the book. It was very precise and stable and I will always look back on that airplane with fondness!

Here's and OLD video of me flying mine. I was just getting comfortable with 3D at the time and this was my very first video on Youtube. ;) Fun memories!
[video=youtube;1CvN58GcC8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvN58GcC8A[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I had one and loved it! Yes, the new 60" Extra is even more capable, stable, and precise, but the 58 was excellent and way ahead of its time. It didn't have the EXP style control surfaces, but still had plenty of control authority for every maneuver in the book. It was very precise and stable and I will always look back on that airplane with fondness!

Here's and OLD video of me flying mine. I was just getting comfortable with 3D at the time and this was my very first video on Youtube. ;) Fun memories!
[video=youtube;1CvN58GcC8A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CvN58GcC8A[/video]

Not bad for a first video ;)

danielph

50cc
Haha! Hard to imagine that was five years ago! It seems so recent, yet so far back. Life is amazing. I have to say that i was enjoying the hobby just as much back then as I do now!

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Thanks Daniel. I thought about emailing you but I just bought it. Waiting on batteries and it'll be flying. I have no doubt it'll be just great. EF #3 but it seems like I've flown over half of them!

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Oh nothing special. Couldn't pass up the price and just wanted something a little cleaner than the Edge for flying off the road down the street. Need to figure out a way to carry it with the quad down there. About a mile away.

danielph

50cc
Oh that's a perfect early morning walking distance! I've carried an 88" Edge about half a mile through tall grass once, so a 58" Extra shouldn't be an issue. ;)

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
You'll crazy and I'm lazy lol.

I think it would be pretty cool to see a quad rolling down the road carrying an airplane. Way back in the day when Lanier Lasers and Carden Banditos were "the best" thing known, a guy custom built a trailer to fit one and pull with his Harley!