• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Edge EXP Build and Fly

skibum44

70cc twin V2
Well My RWB 60" edge hits the building table tomorrow, so I wanted to start this thread to get any suggestions for my build and maybe others.

Extreme Flight 60" Edge Link: http://www.extremeflightrc.com/html/60Edge.html
red_knife_md.jpgblue_tail_touch_md.jpg
Daniel Holman doing his thing
[video=youtube;KoZyAJ08hkk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoZyAJ08hkk[/video]
Also I found this video of Chris Hinson huckin his 60" in the wind:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9z2e4ofr7Q[/video]

Thanks
Bryan

Last edited by a moderator:

SteveT.

100cc
Hi Bryan....

First Welcome to 3DRC....Second.....Hopefully, somebody will chime in on this, but as we are a brand new forum, there might not be quite as many people yest to answer your questions. You might try PMing Doc Austin, who is one of our well know contributors, Extreme Flight Guru, and all around great guy.... Also....it seems another forum member... "hone1er has a 60" EF Edge EXP also....so you might talk to him about yours...

SteveT

Last edited by a moderator:

hone

150cc
Hello!

I don't actually have the Edge but i have the Extra and am building the MXS now. I know the Edge build is pretty basic, just go along with the manual and you can't go wrong. EF builds are as easy as they come. The only thing i'd suggest is reinforcing the landing gear plate a little bit. Keep us updated on your build and get some pics up :) I've heard nothing but great things about the Edge.

Santi8

70cc twin V2
Hello!

I don't actually have the Edge but i have the Extra and am building the MXS now. I know the Edge build is pretty basic, just go along with the manual and you can't go wrong. EF builds are as easy as they come. The only thing i'd suggest is reinforcing the landing gear plate a little bit. Keep us updated on your build and get some pics up :) I've heard nothing but great things about the Edge.

The edge build was extremely straight forward... Once you get the tail glued in properly, it's pretty much just control surfaces, electronics, and testing from there on out... My edge went together much faster than my extra. Unfortunately my extra's tail wasn't level to start so I had to spend about twice as long on that step... When I built the edge I just glued the tail, control surfaces, and high stress spots, then transferred everything directly over from the extra, only took me about 3-4 hours..

I've been flying mine for almost two years now, so I'm fairly familiar with it. It's also been my favorite since day one and still remains in that spot, even though since getting it I have added the following, EF 48" MXS, ValueHobby 47" Sabre, 35" Sabre, 35" Scap, 51" Sabre-X, Telink 44" ExtraSlick and the 3D Buster, Skywing 48" MXS, and finally a 3DHS 70" Slick. Right now the 70" Slick is starting to narrow out the ValueHobby 51" Sabre-X for the no. Two spot but the Edge is still no. One.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Burned three packs today in this- it was a little windy, but it made the hover look very cool cruising down the runway. Also- the most insane KE spins I have seen yet- absolutely SPECTACULAR! I simply love everything about this plane!