• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

71" AJ Slick Building, Flying, and Questions

Right now this is my favorite airframe in my hanger. Here are a couple of photos of my 71" AJ Slick in red. It is a gas version converted to electric.

Here is my maiden flight. It is nothing fancy since I was quaking in my boots. I have gotten much more ballzy with it now. I still need to fly her more but I am getting more and more confident with each flight.

[video=youtube_share;BIDsFFg4EcE]http://youtu.be/BIDsFFg4EcE[/video]

Attachments

• 71 Slick 01.jpg
    71 Slick 01.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 2,603
  • 71 Slick 02.jpg
    71 Slick 02.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 741
Last edited by a moderator:

Fliprob17

SITE SPONSOR
IMG_0640-1.jpg

Fav. all around plane right now. Currently being used for EMAC competitions.....oh, it will 3D just a bit too ;)

Hacker A60-6XS
(2) GensAce 4000mah 4s in series
Castle ICE-100
Falcon Beechwood 18x8
HS-7985MG's

great setup on 8s getting 2700watts, plenty of pull ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not know you could run the A60-6XS on 8s. I might have to try that. I am running the A50-12L on 8S. It has pretty good power except from pulling out of a hover. I was thinking about switching to a 14L and propping up to see if that would help. So far that is my only complaint on my 12L is the pull out from a hover. It is great on everything else. It really freaks the guys out when I take off because they have never seen a plane that big take off in such a short distance. There are no 3D fliers at my field mostly older guys who fly warbirds so they think it is amazing! They all stop flying when I do just to watch. I am afraid of getting a big head from it. Hehe.

Fliprob17

SITE SPONSOR
Honestly, the 12L is a 6s powerplant. It's not "really" intended for "constant" 8s voltage. The 14L would let you run a larger prop., and that would improve that instant pull out of hover.

The A60-6XS is a solid 6s or 8s setup, much smoother with the 28pole design. I would like to run a 19x8 on 8s, to get just a tad more toque down low, but the 18x8 works better all around and especially flying the IMAC routine.

Thanks for the info Rob. Is the mount on the 12L, 14L and a60-6XS the same? Reason why I ask is because mine is already setup for the 12L and would like to just drop in a new motor. It would be easier then having to redo the whole front.

Fliprob17

SITE SPONSOR
Thanks for the info Rob. Is the mount on the 12L, 14L and a60-6XS the same? Reason why I ask is because mine is already setup for the 12L and would like to just drop in a new motor. It would be easier then having to redo the whole front.

The 12L and 14L are the same, the A60-6XS has a larger x-mount