• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

73 inch Sbach 342, Black and Red Scheme (won from facebook giveaway, from Aerobeez)

Props

50cc
73 inch Sbach 342, red/black (Aerobeez Facebook giveaway)

Hey gang,
Just first of all wanted to say thanks here again.. I cant say that enough. I have long sought after this plane in this scheme. I am very excited to get the plane and get the box opened up and start doing a detailed build thread.

Thanks,
Dell
Propsnwings

Last edited by a moderator:

Props

50cc
Here we are, with the plane delivered today. Wow this box doubles as a bomb shelter. This is one tough thing to get into. It all appears to have survived its trip to the midwest just fine. All seems to be here upon first inventory. First impression...WOW, a great and amazing plane. Build quality is very good. I'd be willing to say at this point, its a very nice 30cc ARF for the price point.

Included fuel dot is a nice touch. Although you could leave the fuel tank out, as most will use their own "soda bottle tank" or readily available prebuilt units. I prefer to use my own Fiji water bottle tank with PSP fittings.

Ok, well now to decide on a power plant. Thinking either DLE 30/35. I mostly decided on using XQ Power 4013 servos. I have used them in the past and they hold up well.

Anyways, heres some photos to get you all started , I may be a bit slow, as I am heading up our field project of getting a mat runway installed. Was a late day yesterday and today. However I will keep updating asap.

Attachments

• 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 001.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 001.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 330
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 005.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 005.jpg
    296.2 KB · Views: 375
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 006.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 006.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 358
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 007.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 007.jpg
    354.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 008.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 008.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 366
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 009.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 009.jpg
    306.2 KB · Views: 354
  • 73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 011.jpg
    73INCH_Sbach_won_From_Facebook_Giveaway 011.jpg
    322.9 KB · Views: 342
Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

Great news, glad to see you here and congratulations! Looking forward to the build thread, the flight reports, and your other planes as well!
Welcome!

Props

50cc
Thank you! I build and fly anything from small Flite Test plans planes, to 60+cc planes. I truly enjoy the hobby, and promote it anytime I get a chance.

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thank you! I build and fly anything from small Flite Test plans planes, to 60+cc planes. I truly enjoy the hobby, and promote it anytime I get a chance.

Dell, we're thrilled you chose to do your build thread and share in your experience with your new Aerobeez 73" with us. As mentioned to you from Aerobeez, we'll be sending some vinyl your way as a thanks, and as an additional "prize".

Thanks again, really looking forward to following this build!

-G

Props

50cc
Thank you so very much. This all so awesome! The suspense of waiting for it is killer. Haha.

Awesome forum too. I've been lurking here for a while now. Guess this is the push I needed to come out and mingle.

Pictures and video to come. I hope to make it awesome!

Props

50cc
I apologize as left that part out ( mat runway project has wore me out hah)

The covering was better than I find on other ARF's. very minimal wrinkling. All edges and corners look cleanly and neatly done. The paint on the cowl and pants looks so beautiful. I figure it won't take me but a few minutes with the iron to take what little wrinkles there are, out.

I plan to get started later today gluing hinges, and looking to see if my OS GT33 will work for this project. Will be taking lots of photos.