• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Skyline Corvus

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
We had a guy here selling them at one time (limitless aero) but they were the Aeroplus line. Not sure and I don't want to do the digging but they maybe from the same factory. Hope that helps!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Well I went and did some digging anyway... Funny how that works out. You sparked a question in me and I couldn't get it out of my head. All the directions I went with it lead to dead ends... Mile High RC sells some Aeroplus planes... nada it's a 76" Corvus. Then I thought well maybe goldwing... nada there as well. This 74" corvus is a bit of a one off I would say.

Sorry man!

6172crew

50cc
I got the kit in the mail, looks like a very nice kit, good hardware, etc but I havent found anything online about anyone building or flying one.

The wings and fuse seem heavier than the 74 Edge but other than that its hard to say what it will fly like or how well it will go together. No directions or manual with the kit.

6172crew

50cc
I will get a bunch when I get ready to build it, maybe this weekend if things go right. The manuals I found online are a mix of Yak, sbach, extra, etc but I guess they figure if you have put a plane together you can figure it out. I dont have too many parts left over from the edge but I will try to get some parts in there for comparison if I can. The only real big difference I can see is they want 2 elevator servos, the holes are cut in the covering already.

6172crew

50cc
OK I unpacked the kit last night and will try to post pics later tonight. The horizonal is bolted not glued and it uses the flat hinges that have pins. The slits are done but noticed the gap between control surfaces seems much bigger than the 3DHS bird. Im wondering if I should ditch the flat hinges and run something different.

The DLE35RA darn near fits inside the cowl with out cutting a hole for the sparkplug for head. The plane is 4 inches longer than the 3DHS Edge and most of that is in this huge cowl. Im still working out a few things in my head because it doesnt come with a manual and none of the ones I found on GH website are for this plane, I will look at the smaller corvus and see if that is closer than the 540 racer I looked at yesterday.

Bipenut53

150cc
OK I unpacked the kit last night and will try to post pics later tonight. The horizonal is bolted not glued and it uses the flat hinges that have pins. The slits are done but noticed the gap between control surfaces seems much bigger than the 3DHS bird. Im wondering if I should ditch the flat hinges and run something different.

The DLE35RA darn near fits inside the cowl with out cutting a hole for the sparkplug for head. The plane is 4 inches longer than the 3DHS Edge and most of that is in this huge cowl. Im still working out a few things in my head because it doesnt come with a manual and none of the ones I found on GH website are for this plane, I will look at the smaller corvus and see if that is closer than the 540 racer I looked at yesterday.

Nice [MENTION=3779]6172crew[/MENTION], I am looking forward to seeing pictures of this airplane. I do think I would replace those hinges with Robart pin hinges. I have used those flat hinges with pins before and had them break on me. I ended up replacing them with the Robart hinges... Just a thought

I lost my 3DHS 74 Edge and they are out of stock so I bought a cheaper kit from General Hobby.

Has anyone built or flown one of these? I have a DLE35 and a 4330 8s motorfly but would rather run gas if I can.
http://www.generalhobby.com/skyline...irplane-carbon-reinforced-version-p-1080.html

Hey Chris. Nice looking plane! The removable horizontal stab makes it a lot easier to transport in a smaller car.

Like the web page says, "Best for more vibrant aerobatic flight." And vibrant flight is a good thing, right? ;)

Marc