• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

85A Gecko Knock

The last two 85A Geckos I've purchased are both causing knocking on fast throttle up with a 3615 and 4315 MF motor, aside from the quick throttle up issue they work as they should. I have two other Geckos and neither of them do this, any idea as to the cause or has ZTW changed something?

Well if anyone else suffers from this, here is the response I received from Garret at Altitude hobbies after asking him about the issue:

Hi, Jeff -- yes, this is a known issue with the Geckos right now. It is happening on certain Hacker and Motrolfly motors; it is very difficult to predict right now because some motors work and some don't. The Geckos were developed before a lot of these newer motors everyone is running hit the market so they just aren't properly configured. We've sent a Motrolfly motor to ZTW for them to diagnose the problem and send a firmware update. We are just waiting on word from them. If you can't wait for the update, we understand and you are welcome to send the ESC back.

Garret