• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

A 70" power setup: Hyperion 4035-299, ICE 100

nsg

30cc
For sale is an 8s setup for a 70" size plane. The same setup works great in my 3DHS 71" Slick. I had this one in my 65" Vyper for a few months, but I really prefer a lighter setup on that plane, even if it means less power.

Both the motor and the ESC are about 20 flights old, excellent condition, no crashes.

Hyperion HP-Z4035-299 motor with X mount and backplate adapter installed - ready to install. 5.5mm Castle bullets installed. The motor will take an 18x10 for 2100 wt on 8s. It should be able to take a 19x8 for more watts, but an 18x10 is plenty of power. This is the same as an older Hacker A50-14L - these motors were made by Hacker for Hyperion.

Castle ICE100 ESC. 5.5mm Castle bullets on motor leads matching the motor, latest firmware, firmware settings to match the motor, 5.5 PolyMax bullets on battery leads. I can remove the bullets and solder the motor directly to the ESC upon request.

The motor + backmount kit is about $85+ shipping from aircraft-world; ICE100 still goes for about $100 new. I'm asking $165 shipped to lower 48 by USPS. Shipping to other places at actual cost.

May consider splitting the combo for the right offer on either component.

I take PayPal. Plenty of positive seller feedback on rcgroups under the same name.

Thanks for looking. Hyperion-4035-299-and-ICE100.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Couple of questions.
Does it run hot like a hacker?
What batteries were you running in the slick? mAh? What kind of fight times?
Do you have the prop(s) also?
Thanks

nsg

30cc
No, doesn't run hot. I've set up baffles to direct the air to the motor, though.
two 4s3300mah in series, for a total of 8s3300mah. About 8 minutes. The plane can take 8s4000 mah easily, I just happen to have a lot of 3300s.
I've an 18x8 Xoar I can sell, but you probably want an 18x10 or a 19x10. The latter will run hotter, of course, but that would be a pretty aggressive setup.