• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

A little perplexed with 3W

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I am a bit perplexed over this 3W 150 I just received. It states (see pic) a 28x12 as the largest prop, but my DLE 111 is turning a 28x10 very well. Even though the DLE has Bowman rings I surely thought this 3W 150 would have a lot more ass to it. Or am I missing something in the translation?

Attachments

• 3W 150 specs.PNG
    3W 150 specs.PNG
    399.8 KB · Views: 7,771

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well Acerc, that is an interesting read. Do not own or have I ever played with one. But I do have is an older DA-150 I have 30-12 on it and it will rip it at will when ever I hit full throttle but unfortunately I cannot remember what it tacked at on the ground. Originally I flew it with 32-12 and did good, but did not spool up fast enough for me. It will be very interested to see @stangflyer has say.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Well Acerc, that is an interesting read. Do not own or have I ever played with one. But I do have is an older DA-150 I have 30-12 on it and it will rip it at will when ever I hit full throttle but unfortunately I cannot remember what it tacked at on the ground. Originally I flew it with 32-12 and did good, but did not spool up fast enough for me. It will be very interested to see @stangflyer has say.
I was thinking something like a 32x10, need power more than speed.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have a 3W-106 and have ran a 28-10 Falcon prop on it for years . That should be way too small for a 150.
That is what I mean, the DLE is turning the 28x10 with authority. Guess I'll have to dig some on the 150's and what people were running, or I may call Gerhard Tuesday but would prefer to not have to.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I've got a 32x10 you could try but I think it's drilled for a DA.
I appreciate the offer, but after a short search on a couple other forums I do believe the 32x10 may be the ticket. I found a couple people liking the power of their 32x10, one was a Biela and one was a Melzlik. I like Falcon and believe they are lighter and have a better profile. So I think the Falcon 32x10 would be a good starting point and the Valch 140 is turning a 32x10 so I'll check it for the bolt pattern. It would be great if it was the same.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I just checked the prop washer and it is bigger than the Valach 140 and DLE. It does match the outer holes of the DA drill guide, which engine size the DA guide is for I don't now as I use it for the Valach 170.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Let me ask this, being as the 32x10 that is on the Valach has the smaller bolt diameter would it be safe to split them and drill it with the outer diameter for the 3W?