• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

A quick reminder

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Hi everyone,

Just a quick reminder, we're here every day because we like the friendly community and because we love to fly giant scale rc planes (and sometimes helicopters, and maybe cars, and an occasional slimer but I digress).

It happens from time to time that people wander in and post their info or pics while also directing people to other sites. I'd prefer you not do this please. I don't deny that the internet is out there and that there are other sites you might enjoy but posting links to those sites is prohibited.

I'm uncomfortable even posting this but we have to draw the line somewhere, GSN isn't a carcass for everyone to come and pick at. Time and money go into making the site possible and considering my giant scale hobby has become more about running the site than having the time to build and fly planes, it twists my shorts when people are rude enough to post links to other sites. I'm also offended by people that come here and disrespect our members by ignoring them or trying to use the site for their own purposes rather than contributing to our community.

Thanks for reading and sorry to take up your time with admin stuff. My shorts will eventually untwist but it's just a fact of life that posts like this will have to be made from time to time.

Bartman

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Thanks for the reply. I guess you can call it competition but we're just trying to do a similar thing differently than it's been done so far. We're not here trying to build a strong community so that every other site can come along and have a pool of like minded people with which to build their own community.

It's a weird thing, it's not like you guys are tied down here but at the same time we just can't let it be a free for all with everyone poaching for traffic whenever they want.

Bart, are we OK when to mention new products brought into play by our sponsors or do you also take offense to this form of advertising? You know we like to make videos and start up conversations about new products and that's not related to any websites other than the sponsors website.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
you know what's also weird? there are so many sponsored pilots you guys are all promoting stuff to each other! i don't quite get that one but feel free to post your content. if nobody advertises then we'll eventually run out of steam and the manufacturers will have to find someplace else to promote their stuff. i dread the thought of facebook being the place to go. ever notice that facebook groups and posts don't generate google search results? so for all of that activity none of it shows up in google, it's like a fart in a windstorm but that's where a lot of people invest their energy, go figure. at least here there's a permanent record so it builds over time and becomes a long term resource for everyone.

oh well, enough pondering the forces of the universe for one night. i did happen to get the engine installed and the interior of the World Super Cub moving along so at least it's progressing even if it is a little slow. and I found a Hangar 9 27% Cap for $100 but I'm trying hard to ignore it. :)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Bart, are we OK when to mention new products brought into play by our sponsors or do you also take offense to this form of advertising? You know we like to make videos and start up conversations about new products and that's not related to any websites other than the sponsors website.
sorry for posting the long answer first.....Yes. I'm thinking about whether or not we need to ask manufacturers to be enlisted at the site as advertisers before their team members can post reviews and other promotions. It all goes back to who is supporting the site and who is just taking advantage of our great community of modelers.

As it is right now, Desert Aircraft, AeroWorks, Hobbico, and MKSservosUSA.com are real actual sponsors of the site and I'd say the best way to say thank you to any of them is to order from them when you're ready to buy something new. ExpressPawnAndGun.com and Airborne-Models.com are also supporters of the site. When you order please also say thank you to them for supporting your favorite dedicated family friendly giant scale RC website, GiantScaleNews.com.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
sorry for posting the long answer first.....Yes. I'm thinking about whether or not we need to ask manufacturers to be enlisted at the site as advertisers before their team members can post reviews and other promotions. It all goes back to who is supporting the site and who is just taking advantage of our great community of modelers.

As it is right now, Desert Aircraft, AeroWorks, Hobbico, and MKSservosUSA.com are real actual sponsors of the site and I'd say the best way to say thank you to any of them is to order from them when you're ready to buy something new. ExpressPawnAndGun.com and Airborne-Models.com are also supporters of the site. When you order please also say thank you to them for supporting your favorite dedicated family friendly giant scale RC website, GiantScaleNews.com.

@Bartman ,
Speaking of advertisers, I haven't seen an ad since I upgraded to Tier 3. Guess it was an unknown perk (to me at least). It's good to hear we still have some sponsors. Any way to turn the ads back on so that I know who to support?

Joe Hunt

150cc
Is GSN trying to discourage links to manufacturers? e.g. Someone wants to know where someone got a spinner and they say www.truturn.com. Is GSN trying to discourage that? Or, mostly is GSN discouraging the posting to other discussion boards? Trying to figure out how to handle these situations is challenging, isn't it?