• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 30cc 71" Extra 330SC

gyro

GSN Contributor
Look what arrived just in time to start this weekend!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388118224.105242.jpg

As always with Aerobeez, everything arrived undamaged. Their cartons are tough!

Looks great, all the covering looks tight and isn't peeling. This scheme is really aggressive :D
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388118306.005133.jpg

cardenflyer

70cc twin V2
Wow, look at the control surfaces. Yup, I'm excited to see this one too. Looks awesome. Top notch planes from a top notch company. Keep them coming Alan.

gyro

GSN Contributor
This plane looks sweet guys. The fuse is built light, but looks pretty tough. I really like the way the wings attach to the interior motorbox and structure instead if the outside skin.
I'm going to put my super DLE-30 into it and see if it can handle my abuse :D

gyro

GSN Contributor
Here is a few pics of the internal structure. Look how beefy the battery tray is, perfect for an electric setup with some big lipos!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388182840.938892.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388182851.554579.jpg

They definitely built this one lighter than other models, there is no extra wood back there!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388182894.839143.jpg

Finally, a smooth, flat bottom, which should be nice for those upright harriers.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388182938.620825.jpg

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Please tell me there are blind nuts in that landing gear block... if not I think I will have to install some.

jjoos99

New to GSN!
Looked at this one after reading the newsletter. The models they build are very nice looking and I cant believe the pricing. I havent ever built anything this big but for that price I might have to consider one. Shoot aeroworks 60 size models arent too far away from being the same price.
Jeff

gyro

GSN Contributor
Let's take a look at the goodies that come with the plane:

Perfectly shaped Extra landing gear, these have that recognizable curve that we all know means an Extra. They're beefy where needed, with aerodynamic streamlining too.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804487.605385.jpg

The wheel pants are top notch. Again, not too thin like others we've seen that crack within a week, but not too bulky either. These seem just right, and should survive a grass field with no trouble. The blind nuts come pre-installed, and are aligned perfectly.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804271.971861.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804281.705017.jpg

I really like these wheels. Very light, but they are not cheap just light foam. These seem to have a light foam interior, but durable rubber exterior.
They should last a long time, and at 1.3oz each, you won't even notice them!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804091.005953.jpg

The tail wheel is also nice, matches the mains, and comes with nice hardware and a carbon mount.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804142.638541.jpg

Quality hardware is included, and these nice horns have some indents on them to help grip. These seem to be an improvement over horns included on previous Aerobeez kits I've built.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804622.546383.jpg

Don't have long servo arms? Need to save a little cash? You can screw these on top of the X or circle arms included with your servos. Also, there are some servo savers included for your servo extension wires... Nice bonus!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804697.646290.jpg

Finally, some nice adjustable turnbuckle type rods for the ailerons, and pull-pull hardware.
Also, a little tri-stock to beef up the motorbox, and a basic fuel dot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1388804785.762714.jpg