• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 64" 20% Scale Electric Conversion MXS-R At Joe Nall 2015

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
Hey everyone here at 3DRCforums! It has been a busy couple of weeks since Joe Nall and we have some new content of the 64" MXSR from when we were there.

Check it out!

[video=youtube;dqwITqXERzI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqwITqXERzI[/video]

This is the new Aerobeez 2015 MXS-R

Specifications:
Wing Span: 64 in (1625 mm)
Length: 59 in (1500 mm)
Wing Area: 776.55 sq. in (50.1 sq. dm)
Fly Weight: 8.16-8.82 lbs (3700-4000g)

More info can be found by clicking on the link below

http://aerobeez.com/64-20-SCALE-MXS-R-20CC-GAS-3D-AEROBATIC-ARF-RC-AIRPLANE-BLACK-RED.html

Our MXS-R in the video is a electric conversion.
Motor: Hacker A60-6XS
ESC: Hitec Sport 80
Battery: Thunder Power 6S 5000Mah 40c

Thanks for stopping by to check this out!

Team Aerobeez

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I see Santiago has finally come to the fun side!! Hitec all the way!!

What servos are you guys using?

Aerobeez

70cc twin V2
That's not Santiago's plane it's Nick's. :)

We are running HS-5565MH all around. Going to try HS8775MG on the elevators and ailerons and see how that works out. Might also change up the 6s 3800mah pack. The set up in the video is over powered but that's how we like it !

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
LMAO!!!

Thats how I like it too. Been keeping my eye on this little bad boy hoping you guys would do an electric version. Really love the scheme on this one and have always wanted a MXS.

Those 5665's are pretty stinking fast aren't they. Operating Speed (7.4V): 0.09sec/60° at no load I would like to see the Stall Torque (7.4V): 194 oz/in. closer to 300 oz/in
Did you guys modify the whole airframe to convert it to electric? Such as getting rid of some stuff that is for gas/nitro only? Any way to get a custom order? I would love to get racing tips for this bird. Great looking plane guy's.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
LMAO!!!

Thats how I like it too. Been keeping my eye on this little bad boy hoping you guys would do an electric version. Really love the scheme on this one and have always wanted a MXS.

Those 5665's are pretty stinking fast aren't they. Operating Speed (7.4V): 0.09sec/60° at no load I would like to see the Stall Torque (7.4V): 194 oz/in. closer to 300 oz/in
Did you guys modify the whole airframe to convert it to electric? Such as getting rid of some stuff that is for gas/nitro only? Any way to get a custom order? I would love to get racing tips for this bird. Great looking plane guy's.

Not a big deal to make it electric, basically only requires some motor standoffs is all.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Oh I thought there was a bit more to it than that. Like muffler tunnels and other little things. Well cool man

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
You have to keep in mind that it is gas model so it will be built heavier than an electric only model. Uses standard size servos as well, which would normally be overkill if it were electric only. But in the end, standoffs is all that's needed. I've been considering this model for electric but my style is more low and slow which this plane would not excel at. Would be a good IMAC trainer though.

I Love Nachos

GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Haha Yeah Santiago still has is boring red shirt! :p

LMAO!!!

Converting to electric was no big deal. As Bloosee said it was just some stand offs for the motor, and you have a couple spare parts left over when you are done. The MSXR went together really easy. What do you mean by racing tips?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I think he might be referring to the wingtips with SFG's that are shown on the website product page.