• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aeroplusrc yak 55 50cc

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Built this in the last month. Couple things during the assemble nothing mayjor. Seems well built, flys great, and best part it's cheap lol. It costs the same as the newer 35cc airframes. I will let all the pics do the talking. Feel free to ask any questions. I did change the wood prop out for a falcon cf 24/8. Power switch is jeti mag switch,xq power servos, kuza fuel tank, 6 star red spinner, 6 star servo arms, nanotechnology life batts x 3,socket head servo screw. Everything except the motor and servos were purchased from pro-rc.ca http://www.pro-rc.ca/aeroplus-88-yak55m-50cc/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 458
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 411
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 393
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 408
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 362
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 375
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 398
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 392
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 401
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 399
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 407
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 372
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 379
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 479
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 400
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 410
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 388

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Thanks sleepy. I guess redwing rc has been using and selling the xq power servos for a while now. But out of the 6 servos we had one locked up just moving it by hand. After powering up it started working fine but felt crunchy afterwards. So I opted to pull it out of the elev. the motor is an experiment wink wink lol

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I've been told that about their 30cc are as well from a friend. Seems all three sizes are winners. They could use a touch bigger aileron and a 100cc arf as well lol

The 150cc bird doesnt need anything any bigger. If anything, shorten the fuse by 3" or so. That would allow it to be a bit more aggressive in 3D, but still retain the precision aspect too.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
It does 3d well, but I found it needed more aileron in a hover. I also have a 60cc class motor In a plane that's a 50cc class lol could just be the torque. The roll rate is actually really good. Little mushy in a corner unless you have some power on. It will pop top. But as you say if the fuse was shorter it would pop top a lot better. It does fly pretty precise. I only have 15 flights on it right now. Needs some more air time yet.

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
Hopefully tommrow work and weather cooperate so I can take the yak out and break in the ** motor some more. It's increasing rpm every flight.