• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aeroworks Extra 260 QB-L 52"

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Freestyle260_large.jpg
Aeroworks is proud to add the new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L (Quick Build-Light Series) to our growing line of airplanes. Designed with the demanding 3D pilot in mind, this new airplane features many exciting and revolutionary concepts that are sure to make it the hit of your hangar. The Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L is the first in the new QB-L Series and it is sure to impress with its light weight build quality and its impressive airframe strength and longevity. The new QB-L features all of the Quick Build characteristics that Aeroworks has been known for, assembling the new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L can be done is as little as 6 hours!

Included with the new Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L is an extensive hardware package that includes Carbon main landing gear, wing tube and the new, non-flex carbon control horns. All of these accessories are designed to be rigid and strong while providing the lightest weight possible for an airplane this size. Ball links have been provided for the smoothest in control surface movement while still allowing for 50+ Degrees of surface deflection on the Ailerons and Rudder with over 60 Degrees of deflection on the elevator! Motor mounting hardware has been provided to aid in mounting most motors and the firewall has been pre-drilled for many popular motor options!

The airframe itself features a large wing to provide an incredibly low wing loading, perfect for 3D flying! The new wing design also features both outboard and inboard Side Force Generators (SFG's) these SFG’s are pre-mounted and can be removed in seconds if desired. Along with the new wing design are the airfoiled tail surfaces that provide great control authority even at low speeds. These extra features make the Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L one of the most responsive 3D airplanes in its class. The Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L extensive build features include; pre-mounted cowling, pre-mounted wheel pants, quick release pre-mounted canopy and a large battery tray that will accommodate 3 cell to 5 cell batteries.

Aeroworks is excited to introduce our new line of QB-L airplanes starting with the Freestyle Extra 260 QB-L. With 20 years in the industry, you can be assured that Aeroworks will be here to provide you with the amazing product support that we have been known for.

SPECIFICATIONS

Wing Span 52 inches.
Wing Area 560 sq. in.
Fuse Length (Rudder to Front of Cowl) 45.5"
Fuse Length (Rudder to Front of Spinner) 47"
Cowl Width 5.75"
Weight 52 to 53 ounces (No Battery)
Motor Hacker A30-12XL or Torque 2814T/820
Radio 4 Channels minimum

FEATURING
Strong Light Weight Construction
Complete and Detailed Printed Instruction Manual
Air Foiled Tail Section
Carbon Landing Gear
Carbon Wing Tube
Carbon Non-Flex Control Horns
Strong and Light Tail Wheel
CompleteHigh Quality SAE Hardware Package Included
Removable Inner and Outer SFG’s
Pre-mounted Canopy with Quick Release Latch
Motor Spacers Included to accommodate most Motors
Professionally covered in ULTRACOTEâ„¢
CA Hinges Pre-slotted from factory
Large control surfaces double beveled for Maximum Throw
Pre Mounted Fiberglass Cowl and Wheel Pants
Custom Throw Deflectors Included
Extra Ultracoteâ„¢ covering provided for small repairs
6 to 8 Hours assembly Time​

Last edited by a moderator:

gyro

GSN Contributor
I have a 52" one of these being delivered today. I plan to fly this with an Extreme Flight Power System in it- Torque 2812 / Airboss 60A 6v ESC. Very excited about this plane- can't wait to put up some video of my own!

Anyone own one of these? I have a few questions, if so.

Might be the wrong thread- if so, sorry.

This is the one, right: http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=496

I believe that Garret (AltitudeHobbies) mentioned that he has one, and of course you could PM John Jennings (JohnJ300) who is very familiar with these planes, his son is one of the Aeroworks team pilots. (think Jim/Joe Smith team).

Last edited by a moderator:

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
I have a 52" one of these being delivered today. I plan to fly this with an Extreme Flight Power System in it- Torque 2812 / Airboss 60A 6v ESC. Very excited about this plane- can't wait to put up some video of my own!

Anyone own one of these? I have a few questions, if so.

Box arrived today- it was in good shape from shipping- no visible damage upon quick inspection- detailed unpacking and build report to follow.

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Thanks John. I was curious if you used HS-65MG's in the wings, or if you stepped up to HS-85MG's by chance? With either the Hacker option or the power system I am using (Torque 2812 / Airboss 60A), this plane will move quickly- and accelerate like a dragster! I was curious if blowback in the ailerons was something you might have observed. I do much more slow speed maneuvering, but the Extra loves speed, I know, so I'll be flying this in a more mixed style of high and low speed.

JohnJ300

30cc
Hey Luv3d
The set up I use is the hacker A30 -12 XL and the X-55SB hacker esc.
13x6.5 prop,
HS65 on aileron and HS85 on elevator and rudder.
Spektrum AR600 RX
Thunder power 2700 MA G6 Pro Performance 45C pack. The only issue I have with the 45 C pack is the discharge rate is equal but dies without any warning. A 25C or 30C pack would probably work better unless you use a timer. Most guys like to fly the plane with the inner side force generators on and the outers left off. I am your average 3D pilot but my son Johnathan is a Team Aeroworks sponsored pilot and pushes the limits of his planes really hard at times. I do not notice any blow back on the HS 65 while he is flying. You caught my attention when you mentioned a mix of flying, I think a mix of precision and 3D always portrays a better looking flight. I will post a video of the extra in action, nothing extreme in this video but does display some precision characteristics. It is a great and fun plane to fly, the knife edges are a breeze.
http://youtu.be/gaZXDiIprE0

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Very nice video! Great high speed aileron rolls to KE, and nice inverted harrier as well! It looks like a blast- can't wait to get this airborne.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've seen Jonathan fly the big one at the Austin Huckfest, it was awesome to watch in person! This is truly a nice airplane if it flies anything like the 30cc version.

AltitudeHobbies

GSN SPONSOR
I have one of these and really like it. I'm running the recommended Hacker A30-12xl just for the sake of easy setup since the mount was pre-drilled for it. I running Airtronics 94809's on the wing and Hitec HS-5085MGs on the tail (as recommended). Combined with Airtronics FH3 RX's, the speed of these servos is amazing! I'm definitely glad I went digital all around...it is worth it on this plane. I'm running a Nanotech 2650 4s for power -- the performance is great.

Garret

Luv3d

70cc twin V2
Very cool! I had the Extreme Flight Power system for another project- and thought it was similar to the Hacker, so I'd try it. This will spin a 14x7 on 4S without breaking a sweat! I just got the wings built- moving on to the fuselage now....