• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

airframe life

teookie

70cc twin V2
Hey Joe. How long do your airframes last with the way you punish them in the sky? I just re-watched one of your 103 extra demo's, and I'm surprised the plane didn't burst into a cloud of balsa at times. Do you ever find yourself making repairs or replacing airframes just from flying them so hard?

Hey Joe. How long do your airframes last with the way you punish them in the sky? I just re-watched one of your 103 extra demo's, and I'm surprised the plane didn't burst into a cloud of balsa at times. Do you ever find yourself making repairs or replacing airframes just from flying them so hard?

I've never had to replace an airframe due to it becoming weak or anything like that. I usually keep planes for one season before I sell it so I don't really know how long one would last. My oldest plane is 2 years old now which is my 71. It has tons and tons of flights on it and is still going strong. My original 103 was 1.5 years old and it was still going strong after hundreds of flights.

I have had to add glue to joints and stuff like that over time. After every event or before the next event, I usaully completely go through my planes and every once in a while I will have to reglue a joint.

All I can say is they are strong planes!! :)