• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Airtronics Users

Bipeguy03

150cc
Okay, I've read through a bunch of threads here in the radio forum and finally I don't feel so alone!! Most of the time when I go to Giant Scale events I'm surrounded by Futaba and JR and Spectrum users (all are great by the way!) but it's good to know I'm not the only guy flying things other than gliders with Airtronics!

So Airtronics Users UNITE!! lol

I'm actually a 3rd generation Airtronics guy, my grampa started flying them in the 70's with a CPS Single stick, and now I fly a SD-10GS.

So here's a good place to post setup ideas, ask questions and so on!!

my radios.jpg

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
I have two SD-10G radios. One will be starting it's fourth season and one I picked up NIB last year to have as a backup. Airtronics is the only TX I've used and have been very please with the TX/RX link and overall reliability......don't think there is anything better even though the TX is now approaching 6 years since it's release.

It is showing its age regarding programming and features; I'm sure Sanwa could update the radio with a new BIOS release. I'm surprised that they haven't done anything to do so since it seems that there is nothing new in the pipeline.

You're right about ATX users, I rarely see another pilot with this brand.

Bipeguy03

150cc
I got my 10g in the first batch to be released, never had so much as a hiccup. Passed it down to my dad when I got my new 10GS.

Most of the gripes I hear from other guys at events is that it doesn't have telemetry, but I for one don't really want it (JUST ME).

Anyway was playing around while waiting on resin to cure on a set of wings for work and broke out all my older Airtronics stuff, made an "evolution" picture lol.

Airtronics evolution.jpg

Bipeguy03

150cc
I have two SD-10G radios. One will be starting it's fourth season and one I picked up NIB last year to have as a backup. Airtronics is the only TX I've used and have been very please with the TX/RX link and overall reliability......don't think there is anything better even though the TX is now approaching 6 years since it's release.

It is showing its age regarding programming and features; I'm sure Sanwa could update the radio with a new BIOS release. I'm surprised that they haven't done anything to do so since it seems that there is nothing new in the pipeline.

You're right about ATX users, I rarely see another pilot with this brand.
Absolutely! I've heard that Mike Greenshields said they are working on "Something" so we will have to see what that is. I would be just happy with a update download :)

Last edited:

Tseres

150cc
Just here to check out Team Blue. I know nothing about Airtronics other then I had a couple transmitters back in the lat 80's. The Vanguard second from the left in the evolution photo looks familiar.

Bipeguy03

150cc
Just here to check out Team Blue. I know nothing about Airtronics other then I had a couple transmitters back in the lat 80's. The Vanguard second from the left in the evolution photo looks familiar.

Welcome!! Well hopefully this thread turns into a great place for information! If you ever want to trade in that orange thing you got, like I always say, once you go blue you'll never need new!! ;)

Tseres

150cc
Welcome!! Well hopefully this thread turns into a great place for information! If you ever want to trade in that orange thing you got, like I always say, once you go blue you'll never need new!! ;)

LOL. I have orange then the red also. Don't know what color spectrum is but the Tactic is also red. The only one I don't have right now is blue. But you never know what the future holds.

Bipeguy03

150cc
The first Spectrum ad I saw was Orange and Silver, so we'll call it Silver, and I guess Hitec would be red also.. Another thing to like about ATX, they have their own color ;)

Bipeguy03

150cc
Well, as soon as my bank decides to fix my account I'm going to order me some 94770 Servos to change out in my Extra.

I've been running 94851's in them but the 770's are A LOT faster and also have a brushless motor, but a little less torque.

Then I'll probably put the 851's out of the Extra in my Ultimate so I can send the ones in the Ultimate in. About time for new gears, and I'll just let the Global tech guys do it :)