• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Any chess players here ? !!

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Just thought I'd see if there are any chess players here !! I play on chess.com  & go by the user name of csxt30 if anyone would like to challenge me !  Something to do when not working on a plane or in between, ha !!  Just a normal player, not a chessmaster !!

Thanks, John

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I love playing chess but haven't played in about 5 years. It's getting pretty difficult to find locals that play. I might try online but I prefer the face to face matches.

siko_flyer

70cc twin V2
My Mom taught me to play when I was 6 or 7. Loved it and used to play all the time, but like Robo said,it's really hard to find others that enjoy playing. I have a pc chess game that I play against the computer,haven't tried online. Might look into it.

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Oh, thanks Robo & Jeff !! What's nice on line is, if you're not in the tournaments, is that you can set your challenge for 10 days if you like & you have all those days to make a move !! I mostly use the 3 day challenge but it's all fun !! Just play when you get a chance. Also, you can build up vacation time . That means if you'll be away for a while you can hit vacation & not worry about the game till you get back.  They use a scoring system & an unrated if you like also.

Ok, thanks a lot !!

John

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hmmm....may have to check this out. Most everyone I know looks at me like I am crazy when I mention Chess. Total flipin' mystery to them I guess. 

js-rc

70cc twin V2
Ha !! I know what you mean !! I get reactions like that too !! Nice to walk away from a problem I may be having on a plane & check the computer to see if anyone made a move on the chess site, frees up your head a little & then go back to work on the plane !!

Thanks , John