• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Anybody know of a lipo powered starter for the larger twin cyl. engines..??

wilga12

New to GSN!
I feel real sure that there is one out there and it may be affordable, too. If only I can find it.

Any good ideas guys..?? This may be posted in less than the best place here on GSN,...but then I'm sure that a kindly moderator will surely relocate it for me,...please and thank you..

And yes,... I did a search to try to find an existing thread on this subject. But I didn't emerge victorious.

Adios,...................Wilga12

poprlite

50cc
How large you wanna go? You can check out a 24v dynatron and add a miller belt reduction system to it. I've seen that thing turn a 100cc like a tiny glow motor.

wilga12

New to GSN!
How large you wanna go? You can check out a 24v dynatron and add a miller belt reduction system to it. I've seen that thing turn a 100cc like a tiny glow motor.

Well currently my largest motor is a ZDZ 120,...but there is a strong possibility that a 170 cc mill may land on my doorstep someday soon..

That's a real good idea,...Now that you've jogged my memory, I do remember the Miller folks from several/many years ago.. Good one..!!

Last edited:

poprlite

50cc
Sullivan also has a megatron too. On 24 and a miller system it may turn a 170 over. These engines hand prop so easy, starters are rarely used anymore.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Sullivan also has a megatron too. On 24 and a miller system it may turn a 170 over. These engines hand prop so easy, starters are rarely used anymore.

I agree, choke on, flip, flip, pop, choke off, flip, flip, engine running. I haven't seen a starter used on gas engines in quite a while.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I use my rechargeable drill with a 3" cone. It has (with ease) started engines as large as 120cc 2 stroke and my 170cc 4 stroke. I know there is the opinion that no starter is needed but I for one am without a doubt, not hand propping, as well as most gassers at my field.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I use my rechargeable drill with a 3" cone. It has (with ease) started engines as large as 120cc 2 stroke and my 170cc 4 stroke. I know there is the opinion that no starter is needed but I for one am without a doubt, not hand propping, as well as most gassers at my field.
That's a great idea right there. :way_to_go:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
What ever a guy is comfortable with. I hand prop gassers wearing a glove, but I will never hand prop a glow engine other than using the pop the spinner backwards with the finger snapping technique.

I've been considering going to a paint roller for gas like Terry and others do. Not only do I think it would be safer than the glove, I wouldn't need to struggle getting the glove on and off every time.