• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Article: Why buy Fromeco LiIon instead of LiPo for Rx power

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I urge everyone to read the entire thread this came from and make your own decision on Li-Po vs. Li-Ion for Rx power.

http://www.3drcforums.com/showthread.php?2214-Lipo-vs-Li-Ion&p=55644#post55644

Thank you Kurt for bringing up the Tesla and the Prius, because I explored that comparison but didn't use it because the numbers don't match up like the GT500 vs Honda Civic numbers do. However, if that's what you want to use, then I'll still choose a Telsa over a Prius any day of the week. (especially since in your comparison, a Tesla is cheaper, even though you failed to mention it)

I look forward to when Fromeco starts selling Li-Po packs for Rx power. I'll be excited to see if they offer an advantage to ThunderPower G8 Pro Lite packs which are also assembled here in America.

I also look forward to an in-plane voltage/amperage test in a 40% plane done in THIS decade. (unregulated with HV digital servos)

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I'm certainly not going to say I understand the science behind batteries and the examples above by both Kurt and djmoose have my head spinning a bit. Heck I'm a programmer not an engineer, LOL! I will say that when I purchased a used 50cc EF Extra 300 that had the Fromeco Relions in it I was scratching my head as to which charger should I be using or purchase. One call to these guys and they had me on the right path. Thanks Kurt and Mike for the great service you provided and the batteries (not to steal another batteries slogan but) keep going and going...

I'm also some what of a safety nut and after almost losing our entire airfield due to a lipo fire in 2012 (Crash that ignited hay in the field see the report I wrote here http://www.eugenerc.com/notams2012.html .... whew that scared the heck out of me!) I will always use a Li-Ion over a Li-Po if possible. Not all airfields have the same issues that we do with extremely dry grass laying around waiting to be picked up so I'm only speaking for myself and from my experience only. I've never seen a Li-Ion explode or catch fire like a Li-Po either after a crash but I assume they can cause a similar fire that I mentioned above but from the little I do know they are a safer option, and that's what I love as a consumer... options! Great job guys!