• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

ATT U-Verse, Internet Service

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
I am soooo sick of ATT UVerse internet service. We're only able to get 3MBPS, and I've had it. Most times it's less than that. Friday, I'm switching to Charter internet. Here's a screen shot of what we're getting this evening. Supposedly, Charter can provide 60 Meg's. We'll see how it goes. It's got to be better than this BS from ATT. What service you guys using?

16231=11093-image.jpg
16231=11093-image.jpg

Mikeq

150cc
We are U-verse internet only...we had TV with it and the cost progressively got higher...switched to Direct Tv but kept the internet with U-verse...our service and speed here is pretty good but I might check into other services...switching is a pain but it helps keep the cost down..

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Been with it 3 years now and it is not a good deal because the technology is not supported well in suburban and a lot of smaller municipalities.

Fiber Optic distribution needs to come directly to a home to take full advantage of higher data speeds and streaming feeds. When it rains the water grounds the 2 wire feed and I lose it all.

Mikeq

150cc
49dimes;16704 wrote: Been with it 3 years now and it is not a good deal because the technology is not supported well in suburban and a lot of smaller municipalities.

Fiber Optic distribution needs to come directly to a home to take full advantage of higher data speeds and streaming feeds. When it rains the water grounds the 2 wire feed and I lose it all.

Hey Dimes...glad to see you made it over here...tried to go and tell everybody at FG about this site but JB and his cronies are doing a good job keeping it quelled... people are, despite their efforts, making their way here..

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Hey Mike. Moving is always a pain. I did enough for a life time in the service. One more won't hurt.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
AT&T Uverse is at best "OK" if you live in a newer housing area. No matter how fast they get the signal to their switching stations, it's still coming through the neighborhood and to your house on their, in some cases, ancient copper lines. It seemed like mine was either slow or down all the time.

I dumped them about a year ago and went with the local cable service. Consistently 20-25MBPS. I switched to the cable company for my land line telephone too (saved $50 a month) and cut AT&Ts line to my house and left it coiled up on the pole.

Phil.Griffin

70cc twin V2
Well, the Charter internet is in. Whereas I was getting less than 5 with UVerse, I'm now getting 38+. I think that'll do us.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Cool....glad you got some good internet, that's hard to find these days!!

I recently got off DSL provided by the phone company and switched to a radio Internet service. We are guaranteed the speed we pay for all the time!!

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I am still paying too much for AT&T for what you get but cable is just as bad for what you get here. I am thinking of doing away with it totally and wifi it at my favorite burger joint. Who say's there's no more free rides?