• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Auto-air paints

Looking for anyone else using this paint system and any tricks or tips they would like to share. I find it to be an incredibly easy paint system to use and will accept more clear coats on the market. It's also extremely easy to mix colors as well. below is a pic of my Great Planes Pitts M12. I covered the plane with sky blue and black monokote. there wasn't a color that matched so I had to mix it myself and it came out closer than I had ever thought I would get. also is a pic of my Edge 540 where I used pearl Blue to match the metallic blue monokote, again another very close match straight out of the bottle.
20150803_192224.jpg
3.jpg

Have you done a lot of pin striping with it and if so are you having any issues with it bleeding under the tape? I'm using 3m fine line tape but occasionally still have issues. I just got a bottle of the clear to hit the tape lines before color to see if that helps.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I use automotive crepe tape and carefully rub it firm. Additional safety can be a light dusting of clear on the edge of the tape. Or I've used a small foam brush for this before.

Bemeson

50cc
I use the 3m blue line tape 1/8 and I have never had a problem. I make sure its down well. I have used it for many intricate designs and love it.

Brian