• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aztech Aero Models V2 Fueler and Cap

SupaTim

70cc twin V2
I'm moving enough fuel and smoke that hand cranking was getting old!! Used a buddy's fueler last weekend and knew I needed a setup of my own. The Secraft products look and function great so I called up Azhar at Aztech Aero Models to make it happen. Pretty straight forward assembly, done with both in about 15 minutes. :thumbup:

I started off with a 2 gallon can as well as the V2 pump and V2 fueling cap.

http://www.aztechaeromodels.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=cap&product_id=323
http://www.aztechaeromodels.com/index.php?route=product/product&filter_name=pump+only&product_id=315
IMG_20150711_161849133.jpg

Start by disassembling the stock cap. You'll need the gasket and ring to secure the new fueling cap.
IMG_20150711_161930544.jpg

With the gasket from the stock cap I removed the fittings and used loctite so they'll stay snug and won't let air/fuel in or out.
IMG_20150711_162101904.jpg

Cap goes in the black ring THEN the fitting gets installed on the side. Since this is my fuel tank I using a felt clunk to filter my gas before it even sees the plane.
IMG_20150711_162856635.jpg

Aluminum bracket holds the pump in place. Loctite everything so you never have to worry about losing a bolt or having a fitting come loose. Snip off half the hook and loop for the base and the other half goes on your battery.
IMG_20150711_165305742_HDR.jpg

Completed the install with tygon lines and secured the battery in place with the included strap. I used a 460 3s LiPo I had laying from my foamies but plan on supersizing to 3s 2200's so I'll only have to charge about once a month! And of course I had to do one for smoke too... :cool:
IMG_20150711_173134.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hmm. I have a 3s 4000 pack chilling around, I might consider using that!

Looks great Supa!