• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BEC programming for HV servos

Fast3D

50cc
I have Edge 100 Lite with BEC PRO supplying high voltage JR 3711 6-7.4 V servos on my new Laser 60. Should I set the BEC right at 7.4 for the best performance of the servos? Thanks.

Fast3D

50cc
I recently crashed my MXS due to aileron servos locked! after the crash I double checked the BEC and it was set at 8.4 v but the servos were HV JR 9411 6-7.4v. Could the higher voltage through the servos cuase them to lock?! Thanks.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I recently crashed my MXS due to aileron servos locked! after the crash I double checked the BEC and it was set at 8.4 v but the servos were HV JR 9411 6-7.4v. Could the higher voltage through the servos cuase them to lock?! Thanks.

If the servos aren't rated for 8.4, (most servos advertised as HV or 7.4 ARE actually rated to 8.4) the higher voltage will cook the motor, and possibly other components as well.
While you may never know the reason why your aileron locked up, it's possible you just had a "bad" servo.
While this is rare, this does happen. Our wallets demand the lowest possible prices, so unfortunately QC can't be as robust, or we'd all be paying a lot more!

Sorry again about your first MXS, but you'll have a new one soon enough :) and it has HS-7245MH servos running perfectly on 8.4!

Fast3D

50cc
Thank you Gyro. Yes it could be just bad servos. The good thing is the JR came with 3 year warranty. I can talk to HH to see if they can double check the aileron servos to see if the find anything unusual. Can't wait to get your MXS. will be a lot of fun. Thanks.