• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

BF - Cyber Monday Report Card

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
So I've ordered a new ARF and most of the associated components to complete the assembly. Below is my "report card" that shows and assigns a grade for the vendors that I bought from. The grades aren't "curved" that would indicate one vendor was any better/worse than another; basically they either did or didn't deliver for each of my grade categories. Briefly:

Pre-Sales Support - if I had to call/email/text message did the vendor provide the assistance I was seeking.

Ease of Ordering - was it easy to place my order? It didn't really matter if I used the vendor shopping cart, emailed the order, telephone call, etc.

Order/Charge Notification - most vendors send an order acknowledgement almost as soon as you submit your payment. Some follow up with an email once your method of payment has been processed.

Shipping Notification - did the vendor provide shipping notification with tracking

Order Accuracy - did I receive what I ordered.

One thing I really like is the Intuit Payment Network that Code 3 Innovation (Brian) uses. I'm surprised that more vendors do not have this as an option for payment. I haven't used it other than to pay for goods or services but the per charge transaction to the vendor seems to be much less than CC or Paypal fees.

BF Cyber Report Card.JPG

Last edited:

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
ain't the internet great?? how would anyone have shared such good information about so many vendors, short of a Consumer Reports subscription, even ten years ago?

I do find HobbyKing to deliver pretty immediate order acceptance and payment notifications but I can't argue with you if your experience was different.

The good ones stand out, it's not easy for them to be the best as it requires a never ending determination to not fall behind, but they manage to stay good and they deserve recognition for it!

Thanks for the post.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Yes, with Hobby King I used to get an order confirmation, payment notification, packing notification, and shipping notifications. This last order I received nothing; I had to go online and log into my account to see what was going on. When I purchase from Hobby King I use Paypal, they did send me payment confirmation.

You are right, the "good" vendors tend to stay that way. My grades above are only based on one order......most of the vendors I have purchased from before and always receive great service. Gander Mountain was a first time purchase and so was Chief Aircraft. I've read many accounts that Chief is slow to ship. I ordered Monday and checked my order status this morning by logging into my account. It still shows processing even though the CC charge posted Tuesday. Unlikely that I'll buy from them again.