Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Blenderm tape and Welder glue

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Miketina, Apr 1, 2015.

1. Hi I read a article on building the Crack Flyer. I am new at building with foam. I never heard of Blenderm tape and Welder glue. Where can I buy them from and what is the best way to use them. Thank you Mike

2. Thank you for the information and the links.

3. Xpress

Xpress GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Yup, blenderm is a very specific tape, 3M is the only company that makes it (as far as I know) and you can generally find it at medical supply stores. It has a smooth texture on the top surface and is relatively stretchy, but super stick on the other side. You can get a box of 12, 1" x 5yd rolls for about 25 bucks to your door. I just buy a box at a time and it lasts me through numerous foamies.

4. 3dmike

3dmike 640cc Uber Pimp

I use it on my twisted hobbys planes and love it! Good stuff and will make you foamy last!

5. Hi all . Thanks again for the information. I am heading to town to get some. I have 3 small foamies that I am going to rebuild and one that I am going to build from scratch that I bought from a dealer at a swap meet. It is a big flying wing with all the hardware and big motor. I not that good like a 3D flyer, but this is pretty acrobatic on the video of it. Maybe if I get good enough I will get a real 3D airplane. Thanks again for the help. Mike

6. Buick Mackane

Buick Mackane 70cc twin V2

[MENTION=3414]Miketina[/MENTION], another option is "Foam-tac adhesive" I like it a little better than Welders...It tacks-up quicker, IMO. www.foam-tac.com West Michigan Park Flyers carry it.

7. Hi Hopper. I looked it up and they have a good web sight, it was interesting. I will give it a try. There a lot of foamies at the club that get banged up. Maybe I can get a few brownie point to help repair them ha ha. along with my projects. Mike