• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Booma RC Intellimatch?

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Been doing some research, seems like those who use it are happy with it, just haven't heard anyone around here using one yet.

djmoose

70cc twin V2
I love mine. I have it on my 3D Hobby Shop 103 Extra and I spent a lot of time programming servos and getting the geometry correct. The intellimatch just made it "more-perfecter". Real simple setup, and it was done doing it's thing in about 5 minutes.

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
I have one on my 3DHS 106 Edge and it works ok. I don't have programmable servos, so I can't center my servos to get the exact geometry I like. But, I think if you did have programmable servos, it would be perfect with the Booma system.

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
Thanks Justin, I bought two of them from you. My main concern is that you can not center the servos to match from the start. You have to hope that the servo output arms match each other out of the box. If not, you may have one servo setting at a 15 degree offset to the other at centerpoint. Then as you know, you run through the setup and your set. I just don't like that you can not get your non programmable servos centered so your turnbuckle lengths are the same.

jaybird

70cc twin V2
They work very well IF your geometry is right. They can't compensate for poor setup. Only takes a few seconds to program.

Torquerolljoe

Wannabe Pilot!!
They work very well IF your geometry is right. They can't compensate for poor setup. Only takes a few seconds to program.
Correct! Too bad my servo arms do not match up. I worked a while to get my control horns matched over the hinge centerline and distance from hinge to control horn ball link mounting holes. The Booma will compensate some but I still like to start off "square" so to speak.