Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Bucker Jungmann - Scratch Built 86" Wingspan

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale ARF Build Threads' started by rarcdon, Feb 11, 2017.

1. I've started this project a few years ago, but since I'm now retired I finally have some time to get serious about completing the build. Years ago I had a Goldberg Bucker Jungmann with a YS 120 that I really enjoyed flying. I lost it when the elevator servo failed in the full up position. I decided to enlarge the plans about 33% to get the fuselage sized up to fit a cowl I was given from a crashed Dave Patrick Extra 330L. I later changed to a Hanger 9 Edge 540 cowl as it was a better fit. The canopy is from a 30% Pilot Extra.

I built the fuselage in the style of Carden airframes with 3/8' sqaure stock truss sides sheeted with 3/32" balsa. The tailfeathers are stick built and sheeted with 1/16" balsa. I designed the top an bottom wings to be 3-piece so the cabanes, landing gear and center wing sections stay attached to the fuselage. A removeable canopy will enable access to the receiver and other electronics.

Everything is framed up and I've finally started covering. I'm doing it in the classic Dave Patrick/Goldberg scheme using red. white and blue Monokote. I've had great success with the Windex method for Monokote over Monokote on this covering job. I did spike my Windex with extra ammonia and it really seemed to help.

I have a DA 60 to power this plane. It looks like it should come in at around 22-23 lbs. rerady to fly.

Here are a few photos I took along the way:

IMG_0856.JPG

IMG_0789.JPG

IMG_0788.JPG

HRRC Flyer, Snoopy1, mikeh and 3 others like this.
  2. Here is one of the covered wing panels.

IMG_0851.JPG

IMG_0852.JPG

3. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Looking good I will be glad to watch you finish this build. Pity we only get the last part but biplanes are always on my watch list.

4. Awesome! Another bipe going together makes me happy :)

Looks realm good!

5. Cool project. Thanks for sharing! :way_to_go:

6. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Looks AWESOME. . . . . :big_yes:.

7. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Looks great.