Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Byrons Originals Pitts Special

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by myfivezees, Feb 26, 2016.

1. Found a bargain priced Byrons Pitts a few months ago and am nearing completion. Covered with Econokote, power is an RCGF 40cc Twin. I am only using the bottom 2 ailerons which makes it a S1-C Model or as it is sometimes referred to as a "flatwing" Pitts.

Attached Files:

2. BalsaDust

BalsaDust Moderator

Looks good

3. WMcNabb

WMcNabb 150cc

TN, USA
    NICE!!!

4. Awesome!! I have one of these myself hiding on a shelf in the shop, granted it's actually parts of two that add up to one lol.

I dig the Red on white, I did it on my 35% Trueworthy Model 12, And my pops did it on his full scale S-1C.

517L.jpg 11174839_836410926396047_1203792230128204410_n.jpg

5. WOW! What a beauty! Great job.:yesss:

6. That is one BEAUTIFUL!!!! Pitts.

7. Finished pin striping today and ignition system. All that's left now is painting the cowl and wheel pants.

Attached Files:

Bipeguy03 and pawnshopmike like this.
  8. Hinckley Bill

Hinckley Bill 50cc

Definitely one of the nicest looking Byrons Pitts that's still out there

pawnshopmike likes this.
  9. Just some fine tuning left do including figuring out the exhaust system. I do not want to cut holes in the cowl and yet I have not been able to locate a 7/8" ID flexible exhaust pipe.

Attached Files:

10. Beautiful job bro.:way_to_go: