• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Camera Woes...

@thelaw,

I'm getting spots on my pics. The attached image shows them pretty clearly.

I thought my lens was dirty, but the spots are in the same place even when I switch lenses. That means that the camera itself has dirt in it.

I was just about to ask you how to clean it but then it occurred to me to just friggin' google it.

Here's a good read, figured I'd go ahead and share fwiw.

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2...st-a-perfectly-safe-guide-to-sensor-cleaning/

Attachments

• DSC02743.JPG
    DSC02743.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 275

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Chances are you have dust on the sensor itself. My best advice is to take it to a professional who knows how to clean it. Damaging the sensor is very easy to do. It's more worth it to spend 100 bucks to have a pro clean it with the right equipment than having to spend 250+ on having to have the sensor replaced.

FWIW I always keep a can of air with me to blast dust off of the lenses and out from inside the camera whenever I go to events.

thelaw

70cc twin V2
Yes looks like you need cleaning! Happened to me before, I just took mine in for a tune up last spring. Our local Harold's Photo charges $80 for them to check everything out! Well worth it as I don't want to ruin it myself! I try to be in a safe place when changing my lenses. (in the truck out of the wind!) Hopefully you can get it taking great pics again soon!

Mikeq

150cc
@thelaw,

I'm getting spots on my pics. The attached image shows them pretty clearly.

I thought my lens was dirty, but the spots are in the same place even when I switch lenses. That means that the camera itself has dirt in it.

I was just about to ask you how to clean it but then it occurred to me to just friggin' google it.

Here's a good read, figured I'd go ahead and share fwiw.

http://www.digitalcameraworld.com/2...st-a-perfectly-safe-guide-to-sensor-cleaning/

Sure that's spots? Look like UFOs to me... LOL Yeah my wife is somewhat an amateur photographer with some expensive cameras and lenses and I agree it's best to take it in to be professionally cleaned.