• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Carbon Fiber Servo Arms

Is anyone using the included CF servo arms in there 30CC kit? Most of the build threads I see are upgraded to Aluminum arms.

I am thinking about using them with the optional Redwing Aluminum circle servo arms. My concern is slop can develop in the circle servo arms since they don't have the additional tightening nut.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I tried them on a 30 cc gasser. The servo arms did not hold up to the vibration. They reamed out on the rudder after only a few flights. The aluminum arms represent trouble free operation. If you are building an electric I would guess your success would be a little better but ultimately I would recommend aluminum arms in the long run. Others might have a different experience but that was mine. :)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Btw... I am talking about the stock arm the CF attaches to. The CF itself held up fine.

AKfreak

150cc
Is anyone using the included CF servo arms in there 30CC kit? Most of the build threads I see are upgraded to Aluminum arms.

I am thinking about using them with the optional Redwing Aluminum circle servo arms. My concern is slop can develop in the circle servo arms since they don't have the additional tightening nut.

I use them on my 30CC electric. they hold up good. Stuff just need to be kept tight. Make sure to do a once over after a weekend of flying. Loose stuff will wallow out.

cap232

50cc
Btw... I am talking about the stock arm the CF attaches to. The CF itself held up fine.

did you use stock plastic arms attached to the carbon arms or did you use the metal round servo arms that redwing sell
to attach the arms to.?
thanks