• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool Charging cases!!! What are you guys using?????

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey guys, so as we are starting the new year of flying so guys maybe interested in finding out other solutions to common problems like.... how the heck am I going to charge my rc planes at the field?!?!?!

Some of us are lucky enough to have power at the field but some are not or if you will be traveling you can't be dependent on other rc fields... So show us what you use whether it looks like this beautiful ProgressiveRC.com case to the below or not!

bigrig.jpg

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
This is one I put together last year. It has provisions for both 12v and 24v power outputs and is capable of 69 amps of current.

20150618_220350.jpg

20150618_220517.jpg

20150619_132403.jpg

Has 2, 12v 69a PC supplies inside of it that have a series connection to make 24 volts, plus a high velocity fan on the side to suck out the warm air. I would like to fit a 2nd high velocity fan but haven't had the time to do it lately. The box is an old Multiplex hardware box that I had lying around from years ago.

Can charge 2, 6s 5000 packs at 10 amps each comfortably. All of this is powered by an older Honda EM650 generator that was retired from fire service that still fires up first pull and runs like an ox. 650 watts of generator power is plenty for my needs.

JC 3D

30cc
High Power Portable Charge Station w/ Revolectrix Bump Controller and Android Tablet

Hey everyone,

I'm one of the Beta testers of the new Revolectrix Bump Controller that was released in January 2016. I put up a build log of my new Dual PL6 w/ Bump Controller portable charge station on another forum but glad to share it here with my 3D brothers and sisters.

At the time these were taken, I had not mounted my 10" Samsung Tab Pro or cable holders in the lid so I added some place holders to better show the setup in the last photo.

Best,

Chris

ps - The new Android app was just released last week and it looks vaguely similar to the prototype app shown in the photos below. It's 10x better now.

Revo Bump Controller Charge Station 1.jpg Revo Bump Controller Charge Station 2.jpg Revo Bump Controller Charge Station 3.JPGRevo Bump Controller Charge Station 4.JPG Revo Bump Controller Charge Station 5.jpg Revo Bump Controller Charge Station 6.jpgRevo Bump Controller Charge Station 7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

cam4569

70cc twin V2
Roybi 2200w inverter to my 110 charge station. Run an extension cord and let others plug into it if they need power. I use the same charger at home or field, and a harbor freight case that cost me about 20 dollars. I like the set up above but way overkill for my needs... That and i usually take enough batteries to last all day if not longer

ChemE

New to GSN!
High Power Portable Charge Station w/ Revolectrix Bump Controller and Android Tablet

Hey everyone,

I'm one of the Beta testers of the new Revolectrix Bump Controller that was released in January 2016. I put up a build log of my new Dual PL6 w/ Bump Controller portable charge station on another forum but glad to share it here with my 3D brothers and sisters.

At the time these were taken, I had not mounted my 10" Samsung Tab Pro or cable holders in the lid so I added some place holders to better show the setup in the last photo.

Best,

Chris

ps - The new Android app was just released last week and it looks vaguely similar to the prototype app shown in the photos below. It's 10x better now.

View attachment 80172 View attachment 80173 View attachment 80174View attachment 80175 View attachment 80176 View attachment 80177View attachment 80178[/QUOTIs this case available on the market?