• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Checking sensor polarity and setting ir right

I get phone calls from people that there new ignition does not work.

I check all ignitions before I ship them so 95% of the time I already know the problem.

Engine manufactures use different poles on the magnet to fire the sensor.

DA-3W-ZDZ and a couple others use the north pole of the magnet to fire the sensor.

Note that a stock sensor bracket that comes with RCexl or RCXP will work with DA-3W and ZDZ, You can not time them right without drilling and taping new thread to get the sensor bracket in the right place.

We do carry a sensor bracket that will mount into the existing mounting holes so you can use RCexl or RCXP ignitions with those engines.

Most China made engine and some of the earlier Sacks conversions use the south pole to fire the ignitions.

If you are installing a new sensor on your engine you have to get the polarity set right. To do this,

Plug a battery to the ignition and plug the sensor into the lead on the ignition.

Now pass the sensor over the magnet and see if the ignition will fire, if not turn the sensor over and then it should fire, Make sure when you install the sensor into the bracket you face the side of the sensor that fired the ignition toward the magnet.

95% of China made engines and sacks conversion have the angle side of the sensor facing the magnet.

Milton

Email tthomp1334@yahoo.com

Phone 678 372 7697