• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

China Model Products (CMP) Is Out of Business

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
As reported on Facebook this morning by Curtis Mattikow of EasyTigerModels.com, China Model Products is out of business. Curtis bought all of their molds but isn't planning to resume production anytime soon.

He posted;
China Model Products out of business. Sad. I had built a lot of their planes, most recently the Mosquito, for the second time...we were able to acquire the molds for their stuff, but have no real plans of doing anything with these tools, the market for 60 sized fiberglass glow planes is dead...it's all foam or giant scale these days...

Yours in RC,
Bartman
:)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Curtis also posted he's making a hybrid rocket and brushless powered RC Me-163...pics of the prototype are posted to his facebook page. Looks fun, uses up to D size rocket motors to supplement the brushless motor in the nose.

ESM is also being reported closed with further closings anticipated as companies that used CMP for manufacturing are able to announce their plans.

ExtraNuts

70cc twin V2
The hobby shop I ran a couple/few years ago, we purchased a couple dozen or more CMP planes and no one wanted them. Our thinking was times are tough and some folks don't want to spend alot for a airframe. Only sold 4 or 5 in over a years time and we had to basically give those away. We ended up donating most of them to local club raffles and fun fly prizes. They weren't the best quality but were priced cheap. I guess most folks were like me and preferred to spend more for a better quality product. Tough business.