• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! Companies That Ship For Cheap and/or How Much For Shipping

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Online RC Vendors That Ship For $5.00 Or Less

I have a list of over 300 RC vendors and will be checking all of them for shipping costs. It will take me some time to gather the data but it should turn out to be an excellent resource for online shoppers. Please be patient with me as I do the research and update this post.

So as we know we are comparing apples to apples, the ground rules are that we are shipping a servo or other small items. Oversized containers make shipping more expensive no matter who is shipping it unless a company offers special deals or promotions.

Free
Amazon
Your LHS

$1.99
Tower Hobbies (Free if >$99 and SSC)

$2.00
HeadsUp RC

$2.32
Banana Robotics

$2.79
A Main

$2.95
3drcparts

$2.99
Horizon Hobby (Free if >$99)

$3.00
Radical RC

$3.27
Aloft Hobby

$3.41
Buddy RC

$3.49
Altitude Hobbies

$3.50
3DRCForums Swag
BP Hobbies

$3.95
3D Foamy

$3.99
Value Hobby

$4.00
Micro Fasteners

$4.32
3DXHobbies

$4.50
Millennium R/C

$4.95
3DRC Hobbies

$5.00
Motion RC (<$100, Free for >$100)

Let me know what you know and I will update this post.

Thanks,

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

AKfreak

150cc
Great post. China hobby line ships for free on orders over $40 and they are a forum sponsor too. Also 3drcparts.com ships super cheap, they are also a forum sponsor. I love when companies don try to profit from shipping. As A natter of fact, I avoid the ones who do.

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
How much does China Hobby Line ship for if it is less than $40?

And if someone lets me know how much 3DRC Parts ship for I will include them also.

Thanks,

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I needed a new motor mount for my camera plane. I like metal ones so I just ordered one from Small Parts CNC. $2.95 shipping. Can't argue with that. That is definitely reasonable shipping costs and much cheaper than I could drive to my LHS for them to order it.

For that shipping cost, I do not feel like I am getting ripped off.

Frank

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
I am finding out that not many vendors ship for less than $5 anymore. No wonder there hasn't been much activity in this thread. I think I may have found them all already.

What has surprised me is that some companies are charging twelve dollars or more just to send a servo to you. I bet that is really hurting their online sales. Especially when I can get that somewhere else for half that price.

I wish you didn't have to create accounts just to learn how much it is going to cost you to ship something. That is a hassle.

Frank

AKfreak

150cc
I have posted before about postal profiteers. People that do that are worthless in my opinion, and I refuse to give them a dime of my hard earned money. It's a touchy subject for me, because it always ends up pissing me off.

Trimcraftaviationrc.com

$2.99 flat rate shipping.

Under $5 is tough but a number of companies now use the priority flat rate which is just over $5. I know if I keep it under $50 I can use that from Powerwerx which is where I get all my PowerPole stuff from.

Tower and Horizon covers a lot of ground for random stuff.

For a few years I did the electron club at Atlanta hobby which was like Amazon prime. It got too pricey, slow (ups ground), and there supply of products got limited to what I was doing in the hobby.

A lot of stuff is either $2.99 or $3.99 shipping from Hobby King international if is small. Orange RXs come to mind.