• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3D Composite ARF 2.6m Edge from Hell Build

Perry

New to GSN!
Being from a Harley/Hotrod background I decided to build a overpowered 2.6m Comp Arf Edge 540 for lots of reasons but mainly the plane will support a GP-176 easily and from my guestimate and talking to Dave Sullivan aka Planeblender it should be perfect as far as COG goes without having to shove everything in the nose. Anyways I have the plane and engine and below is what I am going to add and or change but I am open to suggestions...

Components and Mods:

2.6m Edge 540 from Andy Kane
GP-176 EVO from Dave Sullivan
Pro Flow cans from Dave Sullivan
5" Chrome True Turn Ultimate Three Blade Spinner from Aerographix
White Rose Tiller Style Tailwheel
White Rose 5" Main Wheels
Servos TBD
Electronics TBD
Carbon Fiber Reinforce Firewall
Carbon Fiber Reinforce AFT part of fuselage
Add 2nd Aileron Servo to each wing - not looking forward to cutting a composite wing surface but I feel is necessary to prevent flutter... Also a pocket hinge setup on this from factory!

I plan on starting sometime in December and please any suggestions or help is always appreciated...

I Know I Know a GP-176 on 2.6M Bird!!!! All throttle and no bottle!

Thankyou in advance!

Perry

Attachments

• large1.jpg
    large1.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 470

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Supposedly they originally tested that airframe with a DA150. They say with a 120 you need to have everything mounted in the nose for balance. You shouldn't have that problem.;)