• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Custom Extreme Flight 64" MXS

Santi8

70cc twin V2
For this project, the plane has a very simple theme... let me know if you guys figure it out!
We ran with the same theme as the website logo and turned that taxi cab scheme into a custom 3d monster!

Attachments

• gary mxs.jpg
    gary mxs.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,663

SnowDog

Looks awesome, great job both of you!
Gary, I sure hope you are out flying that thing this morning!!!!

gyro

GSN Contributor
Thanks fellas. Just snapped a few pics outside. It looks even better in the sun!

IMG_2111.jpgIMG_2112.jpgIMG_2113.jpgIMG_2114.jpgIMG_2115.jpgIMG_2116.jpg

SnowDog

Looks really good in the sun, Gary. How does the cooling work on this one? It doesn't look like there is much in the way of air going into the cowl?

gyro

GSN Contributor
I put some scoops to redirect the air from the two side holes directly onto the motor, but I'll still have to keep an eye on temps, especially since I'm using the 4315-480 with a 16x8, (essentially max performing the motor). I fly all my airplanes with the Spekturm TM1000 telemetry module, and I always install the thermocouple on the motor base plate behind the bell, so I can monitor the in-flight temps.

-G